Liability Waiver for Quarry Owner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caver

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone have a draft of a form that could be used for a liability waiver to be signed by a diver coming to a quarry to do checkout dives? A friend of mine has a quarry and I take people there for dives. The owner has never asked me to sign a waiver, but as I take more divers I think I should have them sign one. Of course I would rewrite it with all the proper names. If anyone has one either post a link or email it to me at caver@prodigy.net.

Thanks,,,Brian

Dutch Springs in Bethlehem, PA has theirs online at

Dutch Springs - Park Waiver

BTW - they prefer the term 'lake' as opposed to quarry, since it is no longer a quarry and full of water:wink:

Jeff

Brian:

Check with a local attorney. The legal requirements for a waiver could vary greatly, and only someone who's well versed in your local dialect of legalese can get you a proper waiver. The $500 or so that you'd have to spend will be well spent the first time you end up having to use the waiver.

In Canada, waivers are mostly irrelevant because you're considered volenti non fit injuria while diving - basically, "you're doing something dangerous, so don't come crying to the courts if you get hurt." I still have to sign a waiver to go on a shop dive.

Maybe volens doesn't kick in until diving, so if someone breaks their toe when a tank drops on it, you could still get sued. I don't know because I'm not a lawyer.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom