LIDS - march '01

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

turnerjd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hiya,

As far as I am aware, it is the London Dive show the first w/end in March. Are any on the UK (and other european) divers going?

Not sure which day I will be there, but will fly back to the UK on the friday definately for this.

Fancy meeting up for a beer if enough of us are there?

Jon T

Just noticed that I posted this in intros and greets. doesn't really belong here, should be in general scuba discussion. Hope no-one takes offence.

Jon T

Dear John

I never take fences...

Can you tell me something about the dive show and what is to be expected there? I might grab easyjet and pop on up if I can weasel out of work for a day....

gozumutti

Gozumutti,

Unlike DEMA, LIDS is far more aimed at the diver, basically everyone involved in selling diving to the public will be there. No big trade stands from the majority of the manufacturers, although Apeks, and a few others will be there.

It is usually the place to go for deals on every possibly piece of kit. Bought an Apeks TX40 and DST first stage there a couple of years ago (before the TX100 came out). the general list price was about £220 at the time, and I think I payed about £150.

Biggest deals will be on RIBs (we were looking at one last year and could get a special dive show deal of about 35% off list price). also all holiday companies will be there with big deals.

visit http://www.diveshows.co.uk for more info

HTH

Jon

The scuba industries tradeshow (a showcase for innovations and develpements) is held on sunday the 18 and 19th Feb In Telford, England. See:
http://www.ticuk.com
or phone the SITA office on 020 8777 6740 (obviously if your not from the UK you will have to add the ENG telephone code)

Damn, I've booked a w/end diving in the med the 17th and 18th. However, If I can't go because the frogs are still being incompetend over recognition of my quals I might just have to come over for that too.

Jon T

LIDS is great a great place to get gear. If you go on the sunday afternoon (if i am thinking of the right show) all the manufacturers are clearing out loads of there gear they they have brought - so its always a great time to go bargain shopping!

I got my Mare's BCD (frontier i think) and set of Dancor regs octopus set up for about £550 last year! It seemed like a good deal at the time and that wasnt even in the afternoon on sunday!

I'll be going over to london!

Originally posted by turnerjd
Damn, I've booked a w/end diving in the med the 17th and 18th. However, If I can't go because the frogs are still being incompetend over recognition of my quals I might just have to come over for that too.

Jon T

Dr. Jon,
Could you possibly translate this into something a county boy from the southern part of the U.S. could understand.
I really don't want my "quals" hanging out there!

:devilish:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom