Lifewaters "Operation Ocean Planet"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnshap

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone worked with Lifewaters out of St. Louis,Missouri? It is a non-profit organization to introduce people with disabilities to scuba diving. They originally worked with disabled vets from the VA hospital.

I'm a former military medic and certified rescue diver and thought this would be a cool organization to work with given my skill set.

John.

I just finished a week diving with them assisting a vet in the water. Second time I have done it and I will be back again in August of 2015.

I am grateful for such organizations, I am a 100% disabled Vet PTSD most places I found for Vets are for combat veterans only is this one all Service Connected Veterans or Combat only? I live in Springfield, Mo. at this time.

Well I replied this thread quite awhile ago, sadly I am no closer to learning to Scuba Dive as my VA Doctor refuses to sign off on the waiver for "Liability" reasons saying it is just so if something goes wrong the Doctor can be blamed and not the School or student. So I either give up the dream or hope I find myself at a VA that deals with organizations like Diveheart and know how Scuba can help PTSD.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom