LIft bag/sausage storage on BP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UP's word about pockets is right on target, leave nothing for Mr. or Mrs. or MS Murphy to find.

ID

I have my spool for my lift bag in my pocket and I have the bag folded and placed between my bp and me and have it clipped off with a double-ender to my butt d-ring.

Originally posted by large_diver
I'm holding onto the plate pocket for now.......if the bellows pocket never comes in.....it may become my storage solution.
My way of saying keep it and use it.

btw: we are pre rigging a spool to the bag and carry that in the right thigh pocket... spare spool in left pocket.

Originally posted by wetman
Why wouldnt you use the mc storage pack? I've pulled the lift bag out of that several times and it always deploys very cleanly, without catching anything and never have had a problem? Its neat and tucked away as well.
I prefer the drysuit pocket because the SMB is much more difficult to reach in the storage pack. The positioning is awkward, especially if you're experiencing some task-loading, and it's difficult to extract the SMB owing to greater friction. When wearing heavy gloves, it's extremely difficult to tell whether you're grabbing only the SMB, or some storage pack fabric along with it.

Originally posted by metridium
When wearing heavy gloves, it's extremely difficult to tell whether you're grabbing only the SMB, or some storage pack fabric along with it.
Loaded right the SMB comes out of the pack easily... the trick is how you fold and stuff it... and leaving enough of it hanging out that you can easily grab it. Of course the new SMBs have a longer leash that can be clipped off on the scooter D-ring... but with the lift bag you need to clip off on the rear D-ring.

Tip... leave enough room between the canister light and the backplate to fit your forearm so that you can reach between them when going for the rear D-ring. And when you go to pull it out... arch your back a little... don't bend forward and trap the bag between your back and the plate.

If the strap from the lift bag is clipped off the the left hip D ring, its very easy to grab and not mistake for anything else. I don't think i've once second-guessed what i was grabbing, and each time its come out surprisingly smoothly. We've been practicing that quite a bit lately just because we've just recently got a lot of this equipment and i had questioned how easy it would be as well but havent been disappointed yet.

steve

Originally posted by wetman
If the strap from the lift bag is clipped off the the left hip D ring
Not only that... once you start having deco bottles clipped off there, that D-ring can get quite *busy*...

Best to have it clipped off at the butt ring out of the way.

Originally posted by Uncle Pug

Loaded right the SMB comes out of the pack easily... the trick is how you fold and stuff it... and leaving enough of it hanging out that you can easily grab it. Of course the new SMBs have a longer leash that can be clipped off on the scooter D-ring... but with the lift bag you need to clip off on the rear D-ring.

Tip... leave enough room between the canister light and the backplate to fit your forearm so that you can reach between them when going for the rear D-ring. And when you go to pull it out... arch your back a little... don't bend forward and trap the bag between your back and the plate.
I keep it folded tight and stuffed just inside the storage pack, clipped off to the aft D-ring. I must have an older SMB, because the leash is practically non-existent. It must've caught on something, because tugging on the boltsnap had no effect.

I'll try your back arching tip this weekend; I think that's what I've been doing, but will pay closer attention to form this time.

One last thing: anyone else have problems with those little two-piece plastic connectors with the storage pack?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom