Lift Bags

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boozer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey guys I am looking for something to bring up ropes. I do a lot of dives in a cove that most people lose their anchors. Most of them have ropes still attached. So what I am looking for is some thing somewhat of an innertube that I could fill with air and let it shoot to the top with the rope tied to it. When I surface I could go around and pick up the ropes. I normally find about 5 to 6 anchors and I am trying to find a way to to surface with every anchor. Any idea's?

Lift bags are not very expensive but if I was going to make one, I'd start with one of those canvas beach bags and paint the interior. It should hold enough air to float a rope or small anchor.
B10040.jpg

Lift bags are not very expensive but if I was going to make one, I'd start with one of those canvas beach bags and paint the interior. It should hold enough air to float a rope or small anchor.

turn it inside out, apply three coats of contact cement and let dry 24 hours. Dust it with baby powder and turn it right side out. A gallon of Contact cement is 8.47, the canvass bags I found for 2.99, and a 3 inch paint brush.

6 lift bags for under 30 bucks, not a bad idea. :D

turn it inside out, apply three coats of contact cement and let dry 24 hours. Dust it with baby powder and turn it right side out. A gallon of Contact cement is 8.47, the canvass bags I found for 2.99, and a 3 inch paint brush.

Thats what I'm talking about. Where did you find the canvas bags?

I'll just have to give that a try!

The Dollar General store. They were sold as grocery bags for Eco friendly shoppers. :D

IMHO it should not be necessary a canvas. Heavy duty jumbo plastic bags from Vitamin Store and alike may work even better but I'm afraid you will need a few of them combined to pull an anchor because you cannot fill them completely - they will flip once it reaches the surface. You can build a custom liftbag from children's inflatable toy -just need a inflator valve and a dump valve (spare kit for BC). To make it abrasion resistant however it will need some outer "skin".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom