Lift?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

evad:
Is 35# of lift enough for a drifting dsmb?

I personally prefer more lift for two reasons. One, if I'm using it as a surface marker bouy, I want it to be as visible as possible. The larger the bag, the more visible it is.

I did a dive using a dive-rite 50lb lift bag. It was a trimix dive, with two deco tanks and we did a drifting deco of about an hour. The chase boat didnt spot our bag until 40 minutes into deco. I've since switched to a 60lb Halcyon that has a much larger profile for that very reason.

The second is lift capacity. If I have a need for a lift bag due to a wing failure, or some other emergency, I'd rather have a bag with more capacity than I need, than to be worried that the one I'm carrying doesnt have enough.

I commonly carry at least two lift bags in O/W and at they are at least 50lbs or more lift each.

YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom