Light cable routing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharkmasterbc:
Thank you for your responses...I will be purchasing a goodman handle sooner than later because i have had all the problems listed above...
Blinding my buddy....not being able to ditch it with one hand...
Me be thinking that it would not be hard to make a goodman handle ??? any thoughts ?

Look at the pic - my handle is very rigid. It should also be adjustable - if you go to a warm water dive with thin or no gloves, then what?

Me, I'm a DIY klutz. No way I could make one - I'd end up screwing it up. You you got the gene, rock on!

K

I haven't used my light since Mexico and forgot to try the standard goodman handle with the gloves.

Those Cenotes are so nice and warm...sigh

On it's largest setting it is a perfect fit with the 5 mils

I think with dry gloves I'll be ordering the cold water goodman.

Mo2vation:
I will take off and put back on my light many times on a single dive
Huh - yeah, I figured out the need for this when diving with Uncle Pug. If I left the light on my hand when checking the SPG, he would notice the missing/erratic beam and check. If I switched it to my right hand and held it steady, he didn't even notice (I don't think) :D

I know the cord is supposed to dangle, but that goes against the "no dagglies" theory that I adopted when I went DIR. I've been taking up the slack by putting one wrap of cord around the left arm, then using the goodman handle. I can still drop it quick. Anyone see this as a big no-no?

zimm:
I know the cord is supposed to dangle, but that goes against the "no dagglies" theory that I adopted when I went DIR. I've been taking up the slack by putting one wrap of cord around the left arm, then using the goodman handle. I can still drop it quick. Anyone see this as a big no-no?

For the reason stated above. If you are in the rear of your buddy pair or team and you don't switch your light to your right hand temporarily to check you guage your attention buddy or buddies (and you don't dive with unattentive ones right?) will be forced to turn around and check on your status.

So you have to switch hands as often as you have to check your gauge. With that said wrapping it around your left hand would severely hamper this and give your dive buddies a pain in the neck in more ways than one.

I just make sure that I move my light out of my buddy's vision first, then check my gauge. If my light jerks within their vision, I interrupt whatever I'm doing to hold it steady back near where their light is falling so they know everything is OK.

I guess I never saw this as a big deal, I find it easy to check my gas with the light on my left hand without upsetting my buddy.

Roak

roakey:
I just make sure that I move my light out of my buddy's vision first, then check my gauge. If my light jerks within their vision, I interrupt whatever I'm doing to hold it steady back near where their light is falling so they know everything is OK.

I guess I never saw this as a big deal, I find it easy to check my gas with the light on my left hand without upsetting my buddy.

Roak

I guess I'm just jerky and irratic so I'd just as soon make it steady in the right then go for the gauge to alleviate any doubt that everything is fine. With practice it seems easy and fluid to do. The only time the light disappears is for a second or two to charge the gauge to read it in the dark.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom