light cannon problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can call UK direct and get an RMA from them. They are fairly good with turnaround, though they didn't fix my particular problem.

Mark

All my lights(6) are UK, the only problem I had was the lock on the switch popped off. Causing the Cannon to turn off occasionally. My LDS gave me a new lock from another Cannon, it sure pays off shopping locally.

I always ask how they handle problems/defective equipment before I purchase, this way I know in advance what I need to do. :wink:

Good Luck

Orlando Eric:
Problems with energizers?.. I started reading this tonight.. maybe that is wat is wrong with my lights. I get them at Sam's club in a Hugh pack. I am going to try Duracells in the morning.. hope this works.. diving Sat (tomm) night.

Is the battery niples too small for the contacts? I wondered if that was a problem?

It is in the way that battery manufacturers put on a coating to minimize shorting or something, and on different batteries the coatings cover different areas on the ends. Duracells work great, others may not, or should I say will not. Also, these types of lights do not go dim when the bateries wear out, they just quit. Suddenly. So....make sure you always use fesh batteries after every couple dives. Very important. I have not had any issues at all by following these "rules". It is a great light.

Back
Top Bottom