light headed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elfn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, I just did my dry suit classroom last night. I read about the carotid sinus stuff, but my dry suit seals seemed to fit fine. We went to the bottom of the pool, swam around in circles practising bouyancy, ( i wasn't bad-no big up/downs). but as I was swimming around and getting closer to the surface, about 2-5 ft from it, i felt light headed. I slowly continued up and the light headed went away. This happened on the second "dive" as well.

Is this an indication of tight seals, or another problem?
Thanks for any suggestions!

I doubt your seals are enough to significantly choke your blood flow. Are you breathing off the bottom half of your lungs to maintain depth in such shallow water?

Do you mean was I breathing too shallow(too much co2 not enough o2)? I didn't think so, but maybe I was. I have a problem breathing in too quick and out too slow, so I was trying to be very conscious (at the time) of proper breathing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom