Light Motion Sola Soft Handle -- Boltsnap Installation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

milbournosphere

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I picked up a new Sola 800 today and it took me a while to figure out exactly where to put a boltsnap. Turns out that there's a way to route some cave line underneath the plastic that constitutes the mount point for the light.

Using a rounded dental tool (or similar brass pick), you can route the line through gaps in the plastic. I found that pulling the line through with a loop was easiest. You may find tweasers to be useful.

Other than that, it's a pretty normal install for a boltsnap, but I thought if anybody else had a sola and wanted to have a way to clip it off, they might find this useful. Pictures below.

IMG_0400.jpg
IMG_0402.jpg
IMG_0405.jpg
IMG_0409.jpg
IMG_0413.jpg
IMG_0417.jpg
IMG_0419.jpg
IMG_0421.jpg
IMG_0425.jpg
IMG_0426.jpg

So it looks like this got put in the wrong sub-forum. Could a kind mod move it to the DIY or lights section for me?

Stumbled onto your request. Moved to Lights.

To increase the odds of such requests being acted on (and in a usually speedy manner), click on the "Report Post" icon just below your post and toward the left, than describe your request. This will bring it to the attention of the mod team.

Hey mate sorry to bump an old thread, but good stuff on this! Just got myself a Sola Tech 600 light, and I tried to put my boltsnap around the neck of the light, but as soon as I pulled the light off the handle it came off of course. So this is excellent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom