Lightest possible backplate for use with DSS / Oxycheq wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Conversely, would the DSS Kydex plate work with my Oxycheq wing?

Most plates and singles wings can be made to work with the addition of a STA.

All DSS plates will accommodate a STA, and all DSS wings will work with most STA's.

With a DSS wing and DSS plate no STA is necessary.

Will a 3rd party wing work on a DSS plate (or any other make plate) without a STA? That's a much more involved question.

At a bare minimum you need to have the camband slots in the plate and wing line up. There are other considerations such as the location of the grommet holes in the wing relative to the slots etc. The most reliable way to determine compatibility is to try it.

Tobin

I really want to avoid the STA so as to cut down on weight - see title of thread :)

I'll measure up the cam band and grommet holes and return...

Now its on...Im in the market for a new plate to match my Mach V, looking forward to see some pics...

Grabbed two people to show you how adjustable the Ultra Lite Plate and Speed Harness are. Photos include manly man, Dwain (6'3", 215 pounds) and our lovely new model, Masha (11 years old, 4'10", I think 68 pounds).

It is a very snug fit and you have almost nothing in front of you. Other accessories can be added such as Shoulder Harness Pads, D-rings, weight pockets, and more.

This idea has been in my head for five years now and I am glad I finally made it into reality. I wanted something light and inexpensive and based on the comments on those who put it on at BTS and those who visited us at our facility, it will be appreciated.

They are both wearing the same exact wing, plate and harness. Oh yes, the wing is the new Mach V 18# Signature Series ... also announced at Beneath the Sea.

Once ready to ship, more photos will be added to the web site. Plate and harness routing have been intentionally hidden until the product is shipping.

Thinking about it further, it should work with most other mfgs wings as long as they have 11" off centered grommets. However, I was not thinking of other mfgs products when I developed it.

Best regards,

Patrick
OxyCheq

Attachments

• UL-Dwain.JPG
    UL-Dwain.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 330
  • UL-Masha.JPG
    UL-Masha.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 347
I really want to avoid the STA so as to cut down on weight - see title of thread :)

I'll measure up the cam band and grommet holes and return...

All of our Mach V Signature and Extreme Series wings have slots and roll control, so single tank adapters are not required. However, they can be attached if desired.

Single tank adapters are not used with the Ultra Lite Plate and Speed Harness.

Best regards,

Patrick
OxyCheq

Patrick, you've really piqued my interest with those photos. Apologies if you've said so and I missed it, but do you have a guess as to when you may go to market with the ultra lite? Thanks in advance.

Patrick, you've really piqued my interest with those photos. Apologies if you've said so and I missed it, but do you have a guess as to when you may go to market with the ultra lite? Thanks in advance.

We are hoping to be shipping them in three weeks or less.

Best regards.

Patrick
OxyCheq

Very awesome. Maybe I've found something appropriate for my economic stimulus check after all. Looking forward to it.

Our plan is to do a short video clip showing how easy it goes on and off and showing a variety of sized divers putting on the same system.

Best regards,

Patrick

Will this plate work with a Mach V that has the slots but no roll control?

Yes, it will.

Best regards,

Patrick
OxyCheq

Back
Top Bottom