Lighting question strobe/others

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divingtigger

Contributor
Reaction score
In a Frozen Pineapple Under the Sea, Great White N
Hi. Right now I am only diving on vacation in warmer climates and during the day. I have done one or two night dives in the last 20 dives. I am using a Canon powershot S230 camera with the associated canon housing. I am thinking of adding a light for better pictures. First do I need one? I've read that the canon housing has a good difuser. Can I just buy a mini torch like the Ikelite Mini PCm or Ikelite Mini PCa (hand held light under $100) to hold up to provide a little more light and have as an all purpose light? or would that not work as well. I have 2 young kids and other expensive hobbies so I am looking for the cheapest way to get this done. I also take pride in everything I do so Half arsed is not an option. I really like to show off my pictures.

This winter I am planning on diving the Cenotes in Mexico and ocean around.

Thanks

I'm not up on current pricing, but I had a set of INONs that I used with my Oly C5050 which I believe were under $400 a piece when I bought them.

I don't think you are going to find many (any?) strobes that fit that price range. Strobes are going to start at $400 and then you need a tray, arms, and a sync cord...so realistically you are in the $600-750 range I would guess. Sea&Sea is probably the lowest cost option with the YS-27DX @ $400 or the YS-110 in the $550-600 range. Then add a fiber optic sync cord, a tray and arm.

Back
Top Bottom