Lightning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have no scientific facts but I assume that while water is a good conductor the charge is dissipated across the surface as it is the path of least resistance and does not travel further than a few inches down.
Why is the water on the surface less resistant than the water below it? I would expect it to dissipate as you go further from the center of a hemisphere centered on the strike.

Me and a buddy were at around 90' and the whole place lit up and my buddies hand went numb. His hand still tingles around storms.

We avoid diving in storms.

I hope you mean 360 joules, and you wern't actually touching the patient when the shock was delivered

LOL, sorry! That's what happens when you ride a desk too long. 360J is correct. In truth, the guy that convinced me to do it was my boss, not my partner. We were standing next to the patient about 20 yards from the ambulance that was parked on the other side of a median. I watched my partner jump in the air as I pushed the shock buttons. This happened in the parking lot of a hospital. My boss was moonlighting on the hospital helicopter crew and heard the call go out so he came too.

I'd show pictures but that would hijack this thread more than I already have, SORRY!

I'd show pictures but that would hijack this thread more than I already have, SORRY!

I'd be curious to see the pics so please do post them. If you don't want to hijack this thread further then post it in another thread please but just let us know here where you have posted it.

LOL, sorry! That's what happens when you ride a desk too long. 360J is correct. In truth, the guy that convinced me to do it was my boss, not my partner. We were standing next to the patient about 20 yards from the ambulance that was parked on the other side of a median. I watched my partner jump in the air as I pushed the shock buttons. This happened in the parking lot of a hospital. My boss was moonlighting on the hospital helicopter crew and heard the call go out so he came too.

I've been witness to the same act being performed in 4 inches of salt water at a facility I used to work at. No one else was effected.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom