lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rbilow2

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have two complete light systems I want to sell. Yes, I know they are "obsolete' but you get a lot of light for a little money. One is a greenforce squid 250. It gives 3,500 lumens of very white light with 110 degree beam and has hardly been used. It comes with a flexi hc battery and international charger. You will get about 30 minutes burn time with this head and the flexi hc can drive the new greenforce LEDs (i am told). If I could find a greenforce light head with a 70-90 degree beam and less watts (to increase my burn time), I would keep everything. If I could buy a new flexi hc battery I would keep everything. Unfortunately they quite selling this. A new one would give over an hour burn time. A technical person can change the batteries in the flexi hc and it will be like new. That person is not me. Another option is to buy a flexi fIII for this light. These batteries can be purchased from Kaplan scuba. However, that battery is too big for me. The more stuff I carry with me, the less I enjoy diving. So, I am simplifying and shifting to gopro. I know the video is not great but its a hobby for me. I got carried away when i bought my greenforce (essentially professional light system for $1,750).

The other light system I have is even older technology but has advantages. It is a halogen 100 watt with a 170 degree beam , an 11 amp hour NiMH battery, a custom-built time-tested canister with wet mount connector, and a universal charger with 2 settings and a charge indicator. The bulb can be changed to a 50 watt to extend burn-time. With the 100 watt you get about 30 minutes. The only thing wrong with this rig is that the on off switch can turn off while under water. I used a fresh rubberband every time I dove to be sure this did not happen.

Just text me at 310 314 2216 Richard if you want to make me an offer for either or all. I live in Los Angeles. If you want something I will then post on ebay with a buy it now at the price we agree on. Or, if you are able to meet my, i will do that

Should you still be interested, I have a pair of Greenforce Squid 50 HID light heads for sale (lower power than your 250's as you wish) with 4 Flexi I batteries, all working fine, which power the lights easily over 1 hour (specification is 120 minutes but I haven't ever used them more than 90 minutes and they worked OK) and a pair of chargers for these. Everything working fine. I am selling my whole video system but will break out the lights and batteries if you want them at a reasonable price. I believe that your Flexi batteries would drive these heads OK as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom