Lightweight Cannister light 4 Travel ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthernShrinkage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Looking for a little help I personaly prefer an HID light and am looking for something in about a 10 watt Hid that is small lightweight with a good burn time . Leaning towards the diverite MR-11 sunspot any thoughts or recommendations ?(hard to beat the current price on these at 499)

Currently have a Metalsub variable which is basicly a 20 36 and 50 watt HID lucky to get much more than an hour and a half at 20 watt and less than an hour on 50 also find it to strong for photography and is heavy as hell for travel. I do like my light cannon but would prefer to go hands free with some added burn time.

Any thoughts or reccomendations would be greatly appreciated.

I travel with my DR 10W HID Slimline.. similar to the Sunspot only with adjustable light cone. It can go either in your carry-on or in your checked baggage, but I prefer to carry it on since TSA is going to open up your bag whether or not you are carrying it, and it is not against the rules to take it on the plane. I prefer to be standing there when they inspect it, so in my carry-on bag it goes, and TSA does a hand search at security. They should not make you plug it in and turn it on either.

Back
Top Bottom