Limited Time In Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Asian Diver

Reaction score
Hello everyone in Bali!
I am arriving for a short visa run - only two days next month.
Does anyone offer an afternoon dive/s from Kuta?
We are two experienced divers, although will hire equipment as nasty Air Asia is not worth the hassle of bringing our gear.
Planning on returning after our season finishes here with a liveaboard in mind.
Mid April onwards and flexible, although on a budget as diving professionals.
Thanks for any advise.
Cheers.
AD

Last edited:
Hi Asian Diver,

I feel that to get any sort of reasonable diving in in your time here in Bali will need more than an afternoon. Although it is possible, the diving in the south around Kuta and Nusa Dua is not the most appealing maybe for experienced divers like yourselves.

Is there anyway that a full day trip could be on the agenda for you guys as it would open up far more options for you and you would be able to really get a better idea of the great diving Bali has to offer, we don't want to give you the wrong impression.

Please don't hesitate to ask more questions about the diving that we offer here at BLUE SEASON BALI

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there,

I have to agree I am afraid. Unfortunately there are not so many options if you just have one afternoon. You could consider one dive in the Sanur area, but the best dive sites on Bali are day trips really.

If you are looking for a longer trip in April it might be worthwhile to look at dive safaris. This is one of the best ways to visit all the great dive spots on Bali. You basically tour around the island by car together with a guide and stay in accommodation close to the dive sites.

Feel free to drop us an email if you would like more info or have a look at the Joe's Gone Diving Bali website. You can find descriptions of many of the Bali dive sites there and more info on our day trips and dive safaris.

Best of luck with your planning!

Mirjam

Thanks for your replies guys and sound advise.....
We land on the Wednesday at 11.10 and stay in central Kuta (Dewi Sri) and then leave on the Friday at 11.40 so we really only have the afternoon or Thursday as a daytrip.
I was hoping to dive Nusa Penida in the afternoon as I thought it was only an hour away.
Thursday day trip could be an option, although we would hope to see the best you guys have to offer :)
As I stated earlier we are flying Air "Delaysia" and will not bring our dive gear so any professional courtesy would be welcomed and of course would be reciprocal when you come over to Phuket.
Let me know what you think.
Cheers. AD

AD, you have a lot of time on the island, but not a lot of time for no-fly. If I were in your position, I'd get a ride over to Candi Dasa (closer) or Tulamben (further) for a couple of late-morning/early afternoon dives. If you plan it properly to finish early, you should have at least 20-22 hours no-fly time. You can get up quite early in the morning for the long transfer from Kuta (give it 3 hours before your first dive, if you are going to Tulamben to dive the Liberty, a little less to go to Candi Dasa), so, say, diving from 9:30-10:30, surface interval until noon-ish, diving from 12:00-1:00, lunch and head back to Kuta.

Oh, and for AirAsia, the scuba equipment flat-rate charge is pretty reasonable.

Last edited:
Just got back go to Tulamben to dive the Liberty yes it is 2 hours travel time but a great dive

Hi,

I agree with Quero, but there are also other options...

Maybe one plan could be to get transit as already discussed up to Tulamben on the Wednesday afternoon and do a night dive, the next day you could even have a 3 dive program depending on what time you want to get up, (dawn dive on the wreck is one of the best dives in Bali). finishing by 2 o'clock leaving you plenty of no-fly time afterward until you fly on the Friday.

The other option is to run a two dive program over in Nusa Penida to Manta Point and also one of the great drift dives in the North of the Island. meaning you will finish your days diving around midday, again leaving you 23+ hours before flying.

If you have anymore queries about how to make the best out of you trip here then please don't hesitate in sending us a quick email.

info@baliocean.com

BLUE SEASON BALI
Diving Bali | Dive Courses Bali
PADI Member Award Winner 2010; Outstanding Dive Center 2010
Commitment to Instructor Development 2010

Join us on facebook

Hi,

I know a company that have special offers for dive instructors in Tulamben.

Contact Bali diving | Dive Concepts they will give you a good deal, they can also pick you up at the airport if you email them you flight details so that you don t lose time.

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom