Lionfish on the menu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Could I ask which Keys restaurants specifically have lionfish CEVICHE or SASHIMI? I've enjoyed it very much in cooked form, but it occurs to me that I tend to enjoy many fish more in ceviche and sashimi forms.

Could I ask which Keys restaurants specifically have lionfish CEVICHE or SASHIMI? I've enjoyed it very much in cooked form, but it occurs to me that I tend to enjoy many fish more in ceviche and sashimi forms.

Give Kaiyo Grill a call. I know they have Sashimi, not sure if specifically lionfish. Next door to Chef Michael's in Islamorada, easily the top two restaurants on the island.

Also.....
There are several restaurants in the SoFla Metropolitan area that will "Cook Your Catch" for you.
Muddy Waters in Deerfield Beach on Hillsboro Boulevard is a supporter of this activity.
At a VERY reasonable price!
Also, some places will clean them for you, and some places require that you bring them the filets or cleaned fish.
Just ask or phone ahead for specifics in the various locations.

Chug
Made a wonderful ceviche from 8 pounds of Lion Fish filets at work last Tuesday.

My sister and I caught one off Ft. Lauderdale beach and boiled it. That fish was delicious even without seasoning!! :] can't wait to catch more! And we didn't have to pay for it!

*~ Adventurer for life ~*

My sister and I caught one off Ft. Lauderdale beach and boiled it. That fish was delicious even without seasoning!! :] can't wait to catch more! And we didn't have to pay for it!

I am curious.
How long was the fish you caught from the beach.
I have never seen one longer than about 6" or so on a shore dive here in Pompano.

Chug
Did his part today.
At least 25 kills, 5 came home.

I am curious.
How long was the fish you caught from the beach.
I have never seen one longer than about 6" or so on a shore dive here in Pompano.

Chug
Did his part today.
At least 25 kills, 5 came home.

Gosh, that little guy was pathetically small. We were pretty excited because it was our first catch :) probably about 3"..

Stayed at Media Luna in Roatan last October. The restaurant would cook up Lionfish we harvested. We enjoyed them as ceviche, broiled and deep fried. The first batch of ceviche was waaaay to salty, but the second batch was awesome. The other preparations were very, very good also. I liked the deep fried best, would have made an amazing Po' Boy. The chef was happy with his tip :wink:

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom