Liquid Image mask/camera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jupitermermaid

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Has anyone had any experience with the Liquid Image Scuba Series HD camera mask? It looks interesting, but before I plop my hard-earned money down on it, I was wondering what others thought about it. Pros? Cons? Opinions?

Liquid Image | Scuba Series HD - 320 & 321

I have not used one. Got online, went to the manufacturer's site, read an online review, did some thinking.

Main thing I notice is that noise from your regulator exhalations is really annoying on the video; be nice if there's a way to turn off sound recording.

Otherwise it seems to review decently, considering the cost is modest considering what you get, from what I recall.

Supposed to be a decent mask, I think. Be a crying shame if you bought one & it wasn't a good match for your face and leaked a lot! Might want to consider the returns policy from wherever you buy it.

The option to have a camera handy without having to tie up a hand/wrist with it (or a lanyard) is tempting, though.

Richard.

I'd really doubt you'd see anybody who's really interested in photography/video using one of these. Seems more of a tourist attraction at the vacation stop LDS than anything really. That being said I'm sure it's a big hit with the novices as it's something cool to show to their friends. I'm sure it has it's niche, and once you get to liking your shots taken with it, you'll move on to bigger and better.

One of our students had purchased that mask prior to starting his OW class with us. He was wearing it during his checkout dives down at Blue Grotto. It's a heavy mask, similiar in weight to the Data Mask, but seemed to be easy to use. He could take stills and video. I have included one of his videos that he posted on YouTube. I feel honored that he immortalized his DM though. (I'm in the blue hood) LOL!

Carolyn:shark2:

Cool, Carolyn! It has a nice quality of video, and I was able to breathe along with him to get a sense of his breathing rate....lol. You did a great job with your class! Looking forward to diving with you again. When will you be back in town?

Hi Jupe,

JoyfulLee dove with a diver that used one and it worked quite well. I saw the video. I looked at them at a dive store and saw how low the price was. I did notice that they did not have a flash that I could see. I would look into whether you can use a strobe with it because eventually you will want to.

ps: The guy that dove with JoyfulLee and used it did not wear it on his head. He held it chest level. Ask her to point you to the videos. Again, they are not bad for a really low priced camera.

Thanks JM! I will send you a PM when I finally get some time to get down there. Between work and dive classes, I haven't had that much free time to dive for fun. I hope to try to get down there in August.

When it comes to the breathing, I told my student about that and when he watches other dive videos, especially the cave teams, to listen to their breathing and learn to stay controlled. :)

C:shark2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom