Little bit Of Rain ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timeliner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hermine brought some crazy rain here. There was water out flowing from at least one of the Tunnels today just like some of the Florida springs !!
I Live in the highest spot in Lamar County and still got water in my basement.

There Should be good White Water Rafting below Lake Pat Mayse all the way down to the Red River for the next few days.
Class 5 with hazards too.... could be cool !
:wink:

We got craploads of rain in Dallas, too. 6 inches today, I think. Hope CSSP got some :)

We got between 12 and 15 inches of rain in North Austin. Several of the little reserviors here are filled up to near their bridges, about 40 feet above normal. I'm sure that the ensuing swamp is full of little "fire ant islands" too.

We got 12" according to Wunderground. Dog bowls overflowed early so I can't say. 1st time the little unnamed local creek beat out Barry Creek and laid the fences over that way. Williamson County 'usta hold the US record for most rain fall in 24 hours, 38". That was set exactly 89 years ago, to the day. In 1979 Alvin, Texas (and Hurricane Claudette) beat it with 43" in 24 hours.

Williamson County Historical Co

I've been down in Dallas for a little over a week (returning north on Saturday). This Yankee has now experienced his 1st ever tornado warning including the sirens & loudspeaker announcements. Thought I was going to have to ditch into the bathtub! Instead, I went outside and took some pictures:-0 Does this stuff happen often?

bah..... I never bother with all those storm warnings, just look outside and make your own assessment. If you see a funnel cloud, then get into the bathroom. The only thing the weather forecast will do for me is prevent me from flying or swimming.

I've been down in Dallas for a little over a week (returning north on Saturday). This Yankee has now experienced his 1st ever tornado warning including the sirens & loudspeaker announcements. Thought I was going to have to ditch into the bathtub! Instead, I went outside and took some pictures:-0 Does this stuff happen often?

Our stormy season is yearly, but nothing to get excited about. There's not much we can do, other than get to the center of the house and ride out a fierce storm. Most of us don't have basements or root cellars.

Sounds like perfect ditch diving conditions... East texas faired pretty good... at least where I am...

Back
Top Bottom