Little help please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rorhound

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Wifey and I are heading to Cozumel again in May. At a family gathering we were talking about it and my nephew asked if he could go. Being the great uncle I am I said sure, just get down there and bring some $$$ (he's 38).

Heres the the problem, we dive and he doesn't so I'm trying to find some cool things to do while we're there (I already told him it's not like Cancun on spring break so.......). I was thinking snorkeling, doing the Tiger boat thing, the beach club deal, etc.......

Does anyone know of any stand up paddle board rentals? Coming up empty online.

Maybe I'll just send him to Cancun and see if he finds his way back........ :).

When you are out diving, your nephew may want to check out a visit to one of the beaches. Mr. Sanchos, Playa Mia, Palancar's, etc., . I do not know however which is better for water activities so perhaps someone can chime in with that info. Some may require admission . Since you are on the island he can arrive before the cruise crowd. Take beach towels.

Also, perhaps your nephew would like to take a taxi tour to the Punta Sur Lighthouse with a stop or two to the East side establishments. Of course there is the museum in town and just strolling around town.

Stand up paddle boarding(SUP) has become one of my favorite activities! When we were in Cozumel in Oct. we tried SUPing at the place by Love Cafe. It looked completely closed up. We ended up renting our boards at Paradise Beach Club. The boards were pretty beat up and there were only 2 to choose from. I drove by DeLille Sports and it looked like they had a large selection of boards to rent. I have heard great things about them on the island and on Tripadvisor. Too bad I didn't discover them until later in our trip.

Cozumel Bar Hop. Small bus that tours several east side beach bars and includes a shot at each. Highly recommend!

One of the most enjoyable non-dive things any of us has done on the island has been cooking lessons with Josefina. My father-in-law wants to do that every time we return.

Surfing?

Temazcal sweat lodge?

Spa day?

Day trip to Tulum for ruins and topless European women (quite possibly one and the same thing)?

Here's a list of ideas to get you started.

OW course if he's interested like Rich mentioned. Do the referral course, book part online at home prior, then the pool and dives in Coz :) If he doesn't want to do that, any of the coz stuff, plus the ferry to the mainland opens up LOTS of daily options.

Back
Top Bottom