Live aboard share ownership - go anywhere

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

watchkeeper

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Share ownership of dive/dive charter yacht
I own a 1992 built 25mt 60tonne sail ketch. She a big volume yacht with plenty of deck space built as in a classic style capable of long range cruising and adventure exploration.
In 2006 I did a complete $500k refit/rebuild replacing every item on the yacht with new equipment except the hull that was also upgraded.

After some months sailing the yacht has since sat unused for 2.5yrs due to my work load building superyachts for clients.

Earlier this year I fell breaking my back on one of my projects so I am forced to rethink my future plans of world cruising, solo sailing and living aboard, those ideas are history.

Rather than sell or let her deteriorate I decided to offer a share ownership in the vessel to those keen on sailing or scuba divers interested in having access to their own live aboard vacation yacht.

The yacht could be used either full time for charter with off season private use or by scuba divers as a personal recreational dive vessel and/or to charter to other recreational divers or to use as platform to hunt wrecks either professionally or as amateur occupation.

The charter and dive industry is a new and undeveloped opportunity on the Oman/ Indian Ocean coast. In the Red Sea and East Med region yachts this size are earning $3000-$4000 p/day, fuel, food and beverages extra and work all year round.

I'm currently based in Dubai building superyachts but I can relocate anywhere big yachts are being built.

If anyone is interested I can send photo, details and yachts inventory

I might be interested. The new Nigerian finance minister just emailed me to say I had some money coming my way, and I'd sure like to keep it offshore to avoid the taxes on my side. Feel free to post some additional details, photos, etc.

I would like to see the swim platform.....access to the boat from the water is primary..

Hi Guys

Sladerer..I'm sorry we are'nt accepting Nigerian funds this week, year or century but dollars are good!!! and I'm going to post details and pics

Marydiver, Re the swim platform. Deck level is 2mt above water line. I have port/std ladders for tender disembarking and a 3 mt wide x 1.2mt deep teak platform on the stern. Its just above water level in the down position. While sailing it is raised back up for safety.

mselenaous...I'll try to figure out posting pics for a follow up post.

Thanks all for your comments, much appreciated

After a couple of misfires the photos are in members gallery for 'watchkeeper'

If any of the yachts documents are required for viewing or any question contact me by email

stewart@ironor.com
stewart.yachts@hendersongroup.org

I'm the Yachts Div senior project manager/engineer

Cheers,

Stewart

Back
Top Bottom