Live from Two Fish Divers Lembeh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CajunDiva

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We have arrived at Two Fish Divers in Lembeh and couldn't be happier! The long flight with Singapore Airlines was not nearly as bad as we expected. Thankfully the flight was not full and we were able to stretch out a bit and get some much needed sleep.

Two Fish is all that I expected and more. We were picked up at the airport as promised and driven to Bitung, where the Two Fish boat was waiting to deliver us to the resort. After a short trip across Lembeh Strait, we arrived at our home for the next 10 days. And I use the term "home" because that's how we feel. Since the moment we arrived we have been made to feel special and our every need is met and exceeded. I was a bit concerned initially because there is no air conditioning, but honestly I have adapted with no problem and last night we actually got a bit cool with the fan blowing on us! The price we are paying for an amazing dive trip makes it well worth not having air conditioning...especially when everything else is just so perfect.

The dive operation here is extremely professional. I am especially impressed with the emphasis on safety and especially conservation. A healthy attitude about our environment is evident at Two Fish and I must admit I admire that attitude greatly. The diving has been superb so far. I was unsure how I would feel about muck diving, but with the things we're seeing I'd be willing to try any kind of diving! I'm having a few camera issues, but still getting some nice shots here and there. I will get everything together and post it when we get home...the bandwidth here is not the greatest.

We did have the opportunity to dive Bangka yesterday. We wanted to see as much of the area as possible, so the folks at Two Fish put together a day trip for us that was out of this world. Our first dive was very challenging due to ripping currents, so Matt was able to find us a couple of locations for the second and third dives that were not subject to current. I was very impressed with the health of the reefs. The walls were some of the most lush and beautiful I have ever seen.

Now we're back to muck diving and enjoying every minute of it. This evening we tried the Mandarin Dive...got some decent photographs. It's something everyone should try once :)

We'll report more later...too busy diving for now!!!

Have a great trip. How's it compare to Roatan?

Geaux Tigers!

Very different, like trying to compare Apples and Oranges. But the people here are wonderful and the diving is outstanding.
Don't get to watch them, but get to keep up with the score and THE TIGERS ARE GEAUXING!!! :crafty:

We may pass you guys in the straight! We fly out tomorrow morning. Staying with NAD, so actually we will basically be neighbours.
How has the weather, viz and water temp been? Glad to hear that you have been enjoying the diving in general. It will also be our first muck trip so am not too sure what to expect. Trying to keep the expection levels down, rather be pleasantly surprised than to be dissappointed!
Cant wait to blow some bubbles! Its been waaaayyyy too long.

Opo, I think, has moved to another location

Jackie Glad to hear you are enjoying the muck dives. I agree with you Two Fish is great. Loved my cottage but in regards to the no AC it played havoc with the alarm on my Nauticam so I finally turned it off (I also prob could have kept the housing closed but chose to dry it open with the o ring removed). Got to see my 1st Blue Ring- Yeah but wish I had seen more unusal shrimp & crabs-guess I will have to go back.
Deb
PS My favorite dives Nudi Falls esp at night, Nudi Retreat & Tamjung Tebal (always froggies & seahorses-dove it 3 times never disappointed) Angel window & California dreaming (the last 2 more a coral dive than muck)

Last edited:
Sorry I haven't replied as quickly as I would like...we're kinda busy here :D:wink::D

AlMitch, we might just give a shout to each other - we'll be enjoying our last dive day tomorrow, then it's off to Two Fish Divers in Bunaken for another week. We have been enjoying as many sites as possible during the past 8 days, including Bangka Island. Deb, we have been to all of the places you mentioned and seen most of what you mentioned except the blue ring...no luck there. But we have spotted a HOST of different small crabs and especially shrimp of every description. Alas we have not had time to sit down with the fish ID books just yet...the folks at Two Fish set us up with a visit to Tangkoko National Park and we've been too busy trekking through the jungle in search of the tarsier monkeys, which we managed to find and photograph :blinking:

Here is a list of the sites we've hit so far: (please forgive the spelling) Rojos, TKII (twice), Makawide Pulau, Tanjung Tebal, Bangka Island (3 Sites...don't have the names yet), Angel's Window, Pantai Parigi, Batu Lubang, Kargko Point, Piatu Kolada (Mandarin Dive), Aer Bajo, Aer Prang, Jahir, Retak Larry, Batu Sandar, California Dreaming, Hairball I and Magic Rock. I won't even try to start describing everything we've seen, because the list is SUBSTANTIAL! When we get home I'll get everything together and post a ton of photos.

Wisnu, Nigel tells me that Opo has retired. We are diving with Leo, who seems to be quite a star among dive guides! He is highly requested and we got lucky :D I'll see if I can get someone to get a message to Opo for you!

I can't tell you how pleased we are to have found Two Fish Divers...what a bargain! Even though I know we will enjoy the people and diving in Bunaken, I am already dreading having to leave here. I suspect it will not be our last trip :no:

Until next time...

Thanks for the report, we are looking for a holiday the next few months , so maybe....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom