Live Nudis!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Kevin Lee joined me this morning for dives at the White Point Outfall Pipe and Kevin's Reef. Conditions were great at White Point with thirty feet visibility. A school of Ocean Whitefish swirled around us for the entire dive while we hunted for tinier photo subjects. We didn't fins anything out of the ordinary but we found a lot of the usual critters.

At Kevin's Reef we were again greeted by whitefish, although visibility was about half of what we enjoyed earlier in the day. I had 60° on each dive and a relatively calm surface. The wakes from the dozens of boats out today were much larger than the swells.

Photo intensive dive report at Live Nudis!

30 feet vis is pretty good. Do you enter from the White Point parking lot? Or do you go out on a boat?

Where is Kevin's Reef? I'm trying to dive as many different locations in PV as possible but most locations are difficult to get to.

We were diving from a boat. Kevin's Reef is about 1/4 mile off shore from Christmas Tree Cove. I have 25 P.V. dive sites with photos, maps and descriptions in Diving the Palos Verdes Peninsula.

Thank you for the info. I will buy the book. 1/4 mile is too far to swim from shore. I'll go check out the Kevin's Reef on my jet ski, obviously solo dive.

Kevin's Reef
33° 45.701 118° 25.537
Kevins%20Reef_zpsfp9hlc8t.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom