• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

liveaboard.com Can I trust them?

Discussion in 'Liveaboards and Charter Boats' started by pilotaydin, Oct 16, 2017.

1. tridacna

tridacna ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    Kathryn,

You obviously do NOT publish any negative reviews.

Not sure how you guys manage to defy a normal distribution curve - but you succeed admirably. I would not trust a single review on your site. They're all "exceptional" or "superb". Seriously? Furthermore your "review guidelines" are draconian. Overall, the rotting smell of fake reviews is quite overwhelming.

I would not consider using nor recommending your services.

Mr. Sunday likes this.
  2. kelemvor

kelemvor Big Fleshy Monster ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    There seems to be some real reviews of livaboard.com on trustpilot.com
    Interestingly, at least one reviewer on this site complains that livaboard.com refused to publish their negative review on the livaboard.com site.

LiveAboard.com is rated "Average" with 2.8 / 5 on Trustpilot

Schwob and tridacna like this.
  3. tridacna

^^^^
    There's an irony: They can (and do) control reviews of the LOBs but not of themselves. Tripadvisor has a similar number of negative reviews about them.

4. LiveaboardCom

LiveaboardCom Liveaboard

Hi Alberto,

I know you are not trying to be rude - you're frustrated and I genuinely appreciate that. I'm a diver just like you are and understand the importance of honest reviews.

I will pass on the concerns in your latest reply to the review team (as I have the previous ones) and I'll ask for their input. They are in the best position to reply fully as they have all the information to hand about word limits, star system etc.

As much as I can confirm to you I'm not lying, which is true, I can see you'd like more of an explanation - which I can't provide to that level of detail.

Bear with me and I will find out more.

Many thanks,

Kathryn

ontdiver likes this.
  5. Alberto Ruiz-Larrea

Alberto Ruiz-Larrea Angel Fish

Hello,

Yes, I really need to publish my review on SB. I do feel bad giving such negative feedback since in the past every dive operator I have dealt with has been overall pretty great. But these guys were unsafe. Which is why I am quite frustrated with Liveaboard for not posting the negative reviews. I would have never allowed for them to change my boat had there been some realistic reviews, which would have for sure commented on the lack of safety, care and professionalism from that boat.

All of that being said, Kathryn you say you say that you cant provide that level of detail regarding why you do not post negative reviews? You also mention that you are not lying about posting negative reviews, which would mean that out of the 1000s of reviews no one has ever given any of your boats below a 7/10? You are aware that this basically impossible, right.

It is like I stated, aside from the review issue, in many other ways my experience with Liveaboard was good. But this blatant lying and hiding information is very unfortunate.

6. Jay

Jay Need to dive more!

Liveaboard's review policy states "If, for any reason, we deem your review not to provide any added value for other divers", and negative reviews are obviously not "added value"!!!!!!!!

My above comment would also be banned because probably be banned because "Reviews need to be in the correct case (no upper case only) and with correct interpunction (not 5000 exclamation points)" !!!!! ... well, yeah, that's a point!

On a serious note, I don't think this entirely makes sense (below). A brief review with specifics helps operators rectify (if needed) and informs readers. Their suggested text would leave both operators and readers clueless about what aspect of the transfer was disappointing ...

Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 8.28.30 pm.png

7. LiveaboardCom

LiveaboardCom Liveaboard

Thank you for that feedback Jay. I've passed on the point you made about the review policy to the team handling the reviews.

I'll be in touch as and when I can provide some feedback.

Kathryn

8. tridacna

Kathryn,

Old refrain. Apparently your own team seems to be ignoring you. You can only say it a limited number of times before we “get the idea”.

9. Jay

Jay Need to dive more!

Thank you.

10. Alberto Ruiz-Larrea

Alberto Ruiz-Larrea Angel Fish

Hello Kathryn,

I thank you for telling me you are going to look into it. I also want to point out that you offered that I re-write my review of my trip on board the Orion. Unluckily, I cannot write it since it says I have already submitted it. Since you offered that I write it again but following all of Liveaboard.com policies, I expected that you would let me do this.

Basically, it looks like another lie, since you offered that I re-write the review a couple of weeks ago, but you are not letting me do so. This is exactly why I recommend that people should be be weary of Liveaboard.com and question their honesty.

I do thank you for replying to questions and trying your best with us Kathryn and I await your responses.

tridacna likes this.