Liveaboards in the Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gr8ful divr

Reaction score
I am going to the Bahamas on a work trip in May. While there we are staying at the Atlantis Resort. I have made arrangements to get to the Bahamas early in order to get as much diving in as possible. I have been told that there isn't much shore diving in the Bahamas so I was thinking that I would stay on a liveaboard for the extra 5 or 6 days that I am in the Bahamas. Does anyone know any good, somewhat inexpensive liveaboards in the Bahamas? I'm just interested in getting as much diving in as possible and don't care too much about anything fancy. Thanks.

Most liveaboards there run for a week at a time, so hard to find one for just 5 days or so. The Aquacat is the only one that I know of that departs out of Nassau and it's a saturday departure to Friday night return trip.

I think the Cat Pplau is still based in Nassau, and they used to do short trips once in awhile. I have not used them in a couple of years, though, so things may have changed. It is a relatively small, slow boat, but we liked it. They are part of the Blackbeard group, and you can access them that way. If you are interested, PM me and I will give you lots more. Woody

Check out www.blackbeardcruises.com and see if Blackbeards still does the weekend short trips. They are based out of Freeport now. We're going for a week in June.

You can also check out the Caribbean Explorer 1 that runs out of George Town, Bahamas (www.explorerventures.com). The diving is good although the water is warmer than usual so there is a lot of algae on the reefs. The crew is great fun and they offer Nitrox (for an additional fee of course).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom