Lobsta Divahs invade Florida at Halloween??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shellbird once bubbled...
in New Hampshire?

No... but ol' Bessie is good at drooling on my head. [No, it's not the same cow that answers my cow-phone... we've got plenty 'o cows to do different tasks around here!]

-----------
I was referring to washing prior to a 2 hour boat ride... And the last day: Prior to a 2 hour boat ride and 6 hour drive...

You joining us on this trip or what? Are we gonna get a tap on the Winnebago's door and see your smiling face?

shellbird once bubbled...
You joining us on this trip or what? Are we gonna get a tap on the Winnebago's door and see your smiling face?

Seriously... I've got to wait until I get back from St. Louis before I decide if I have enough cash. I've also been thinking of burning a little vacation in november w/ a cavern course in FL... so I've got to decide what I want....

Spectre once bubbled...
1) A friend is having a halloween party. Haven't seen her for a while and she's trying to convince me to 'pen' in the party.

Speak of the devil. She happened to call as I sit here contemplating... One of the things I picked up in the barrage of expletives was her pointing out that I missed her last party because of Cape Ann #3.

*shrug* Contemplation continues....

are you guys still coming down here in Oct? It's looking more like I actually will be able to go diving on the 26 or 27. Any firm plans as to who/what/where?

Tom

Lisa and I will be there late on the 24th thru the 30th (diving 25th-29th).

I booked some afternoon dives with Florida Keys Dive Center because I figured if there were late additions, there would be room on the boat (rather than a 6-pack that could fill up).

I'm planning on calling around to see who might be diving some of the wrecks and adding morning dives, or moving one of my afternoon dives, etc. to accommodate.

I Want to dive the Duanne, maybe the Bibb, SG .... any other suggestions?

So, basically I booked 4 trips with FKDC, with a PM on the 25th a definite (along with C-Otter, Msilvia, and Shellbird). Then C-Otter and myself have pm dives on the 26, 27, and 28th. I can move one of those to the 29th, or to a morning dive, depending on dives I add to go to some wrecks.

Confused :confused:

:confused: :confused:

OK, Flakeys is in Tavernier so its HIGHLY unlikely that they'll run all the way to the SG. Maybe Bibb/Duane but even that's a long haul for them.

None of you are mix certified, right? The basic choices for recreational large wrecks are SG, Bibb, Duane, Eagle.

The wrecks are all great, SG is massive and still fresh, Duane is great but current tends to crank there, Bibb is great but not many shops go there regularly because it sorta has a reputation... it's deeper too (135 to sand, 95 to hull).

Flakeys might run to the Eagle, pretty nice dive too, about 110.

26/27 will be my only possible days, can't even guarantee them yet but looking better than it did.

Tom

WreckWriter once bubbled...
OK, Flakeys is in Tavernier so its HIGHLY unlikely that they'll run all the way to the SG. Maybe Bibb/Duane but even that's a long haul for them.

None of you are mix certified, right? The basic choices for recreational large wrecks are SG, Bibb, Duane, Eagle.

Correct... no mix. Nitrox only.

The FKDC charters are basically for the reefs. That's why I'll be calling other charters further north... in KL... to see who might be going to which wreck, and when... and change my FKDC dives to accomodate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom