Lobster recipes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OBXDIVEGUY

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm sure there are many already posted, but I can't find a central place with good lobster recipes. Anyone have any good recipes they'd like to share?

To be honest with you, I like my seafood simple. The more spices and butter one add, the less I like my lobster.

I like steamed or boiled lobster dipped in lemon juice mixed with a little salt and pepper... Nothing else added.

Low fat, low calorie.... and I can deal with the cholesterol with my Lipitor...

Simple is what I'm shooting for. How long do you boil them? I've never cooked any up.

fisherdvm:
To be honest with you, I like my seafood simple. The more spices and butter one add, the less I like my lobster.

I like steamed or boiled lobster dipped in lemon juice mixed with a little salt and pepper... Nothing else added.

Low fat, low calorie.... and I can deal with the cholesterol with my Lipitor...

I agree. I like to taste the Lobster, not all the stuff put on top. I also grill mine a lot of the time. Split the Lobster in half and lay on tin foil on the grill.

Thanks, now I'm hungry and I'm still at work.

TOM

I split mine down the back, put them in a glass baking dish underside down, brush on melted butter with a little garlic in it and bake them at 350 until they... I hate to say it, look almost done, about 15 minutes. I then turn on the broiler and finish them.

A lot of folks that boil, grill, or broil lobster cook it way too long and the meat turns to rubber. Here's my recipe

Remove the lobster from the shell and cut it into bite size medallions. Drizzle the medallions with lemon juice and saute them in butter and white wine untill they turn from translucent to white. They take almost no time to cook and are always nice and tender.

If boiling bugs, or any crustacean, try to do it in water that matches the salinity of what it came out of. For bugs I carry a 5 gal bucket of seawater home and boil them in that. I may add a bit of Zatarans liquid to help kick it off. Bigger bugs need to prepared out of the shell to keep from overcooking some of the meat, and not cooking the center, say anything with a cross section to heat in excess of 1 inch. Fish fillets fall in the same heat distance category, but cut that maximum distance down to a half inch. i.e a bug tail thicker than 2 inches or a fish fillet thicker than 1" will have difficulty cooking evenly.

FT

6 to 10 minutes in full boiling water depending on the size is what's recommended. I agree, boiling or especially broiling too long make them taste like rubberband.

If smallish then split in halve and grilled with garlic butter. If larger boiled for 5 minutes then finnished off under the grill.
Also try smoking them. Boil first then rub with brown sugar then smoked using your favorite wood chips. I use Pohutakawa when avaliable or Manuka.
I usally smoke 1 if I have got a few mussels to do too.

Good stuff!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom