Lobzilla at Plum Cove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott5644

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just got back from a two tank dive at Plum Cove, and we came across 4 oversized bugs. One that we caught and measured was over by about a 1/3 of an inch. Two more that we spotted were living within 15 feet of each other were about 10-12 lbs each, so we didn't even bother to grab them. And then there was LOBZILLA!!! In 5 feet of water, on the right side of the cove was this monster. He was maybe just a little under 3 feet in length, with a tail thicker than my arm. I watched him/her for a bit, and even got my tickle stick under him and flipped him a bit... no eggs or v-notch. My guess would put him in the 25 lbs range.

Wow... I'd guess they are females that got caught with eggs at one point, or something. I've seen a couple of really big ones there, and they all were eggs/notched.

good luck finding one you can keep.

feegle

Wow, what a monster. I'd like to come across one that size some day just to see the beast.

I thought I had a monster this weekend until I read your incounter, about 12lbs and 2 inches over the limit.

Back
Top Bottom