Location of 3rd Airport shuttle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess I've been lucky. I've been on those shuttles many times and never noticed any weird or aggressive driving. At least not any different from everyone else on the roads there!

It is when they are empty returning to the airport, ears pinned back - gtf outa my way kinda driving - the local moms driving picking up and dropping off kids at school are mere babies in this kind of driving.

I did the CUN to Cozumel trip this past June. Took the ADO bus to PDC; there was a bus scheduled every 30 minutes. I purchased the bus ticket at the counter in the airport; the bus was about 50% full leaving the airport. In PDC, it's a ~5 minute walk from the bus station to the ferry terminal. A ferry leaves every 30 minutes; I purchased the ferry ticket at the kiosk near the terminal.

I suggest that you have pesos for the ferry ticket. I paid in dollars, and the exchange rate was horrible. Good luck!
Ferry's leave every hour and the companies rotate so do not buy a ferry ticket ahead of time unless you have a love affair with Orange or Yellow.

Xacarat has started service here or at least I heard they started this week - no ideas on pricing or schedule

I'm curious what everyone thinks as the best way to get from CUN to Cozumel as a solo traveler. It will be my first time. I was planning on taking the ADO bus because all the transfer companies that I saw were excessively expensive (and I really don't need a whole van all to myself.)
One thing to note: The baggage handlers at the ferry companies have been giving me a hard time about my 48-50 pound dive bag on the last few drags. I've been able to get it on board and picked back up with 20-40 peso tips on each end, but it made me wonder what the actual bag weight limit is for the ferry crossings?

Having not been to Coz before and heading there this winter what’s the easiest transfer from the airport down to Hotel Cozumel? Taxi or shuttle? Can you easily get a shuttle when you deplane or best to have travel agent pre-book? Thanks.

One thing to note: The baggage handlers at the ferry companies have been giving me a hard time about my 48-50 pound dive bag on the last few drags. I've been able to get it on board and picked back up with 20-40 peso tips on each end, but it made me wonder what the actual bag weight limit is for the ferry crossings?
I don't think it is the weight of the bag. If they sense it has dive equipment they don't want to put it with the other bags. Concern over breakage I think.

Having not been to Coz before and heading there this winter what’s the easiest transfer from the airport down to Hotel Cozumel? Taxi or shuttle? Can you easily get a shuttle when you deplane or best to have travel agent pre-book? Thanks.
Buy shuttle when you arrive. Taxi's cannot pick up at airport only drop off. Get a shared shuttle is easiest /cheapest option. After Red light Green light game in Customs you go through a sliding glass door and make a LEFT and go booth on the LEFT side ignoring ALL the people on your way in this area. The sign should read Cozushuttle or the other shuttle is Flexishuttle (we use Cozushuttle). The shuttle companies are next to each other. Once you made a beeline to this counter you purchase transportation to the Hotel Cozumel (Trademark) and is in zone Sur 1 or South 1 (there is a third shuttle company I have no info on). You can take a Colectivo (shared van) and that is the cheapest $169 peso per person ($11 USD per person, USD are accepted). A private auto is a bit faster (not worth it IMHO at $39 for a car up to 4 people but good luck with luggage for 4) since you don’t have to wait for a full van (about 5 min) and you don’t have to sit with a van full of people. At the shuttle counter tell the counter person you’re going Sur 1, and number of people in your group i.e. 1, 2…. They usually speak good English. She will tell you how much (should be $11USD and Exact Change is recommended because they run out of change). Pay them and they will give you a ticket(s). The ticket transaction is brief and basic. Anything more and you are at the wrong place. The Private Auto service is $39USD per cab if you go this route. DO NOT get round trip, you will take a taxi back to airport. It is much easier. Go out the sliding doors that lead outside. Tell the people outside what shuttle company and what zone. They will direct you to the shuttle.

Buy shuttle when you arrive. Taxi's cannot pick up at airport only drop off. Get a shared shuttle is easiest /cheapest option. After Red light Green light game in Customs you go through a sliding glass door and make a LEFT and go booth on the LEFT side ignoring ALL the people on your way in this area. The sign should read Cozushuttle or the other shuttle is Flexishuttle (we use Cozushuttle). The shuttle companies are next to each other. Once you made a beeline to this counter you purchase transportation to the Hotel Cozumel (Trademark) and is in zone Sur 1 or South 1 (there is a third shuttle company I have no info on). You can take a Colectivo (shared van) and that is the cheapest $169 peso per person ($11 USD per person, USD are accepted). A private auto is a bit faster (not worth it IMHO at $39 for a car up to 4 people but good luck with luggage for 4) since you don’t have to wait for a full van (about 5 min) and you don’t have to sit with a van full of people. At the shuttle counter tell the counter person you’re going Sur 1, and number of people in your group i.e. 1, 2…. They usually speak good English. She will tell you how much (should be $11USD and Exact Change is recommended because they run out of change). Pay them and they will give you a ticket(s). The ticket transaction is brief and basic. Anything more and you are at the wrong place. The Private Auto service is $39USD per cab if you go this route. DO NOT get round trip, you will take a taxi back to airport. It is much easier. Go out the sliding doors that lead outside. Tell the people outside what shuttle company and what zone. They will direct you to the shuttle.
Excellente. Mucho gracias senor….

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom