Lodging near Ginnie Springs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Recommendations for lodging near Ginnie?

Comfort Inn Alachua?

Clean and comfortable is the key. Appreciate any input.

Look at the High Springs Country Inn. 40 bucks a night, nice room. Floyd's is across the street and a terrific Italian restaurant is not too far away on 1st street just off Main.
Plus Salvo is across the street and Extreme Exposure is about a mile away on Main (in case you need fills, repairs or a piece of gear).

Ditto High Springs Country Inn; it's just so close to everything.

I quit the Cadillac/High Springs Country Inn thing years ago. Lake City ends up being a great location because it is centrally located,motels are cheaper,better restaurant selection,plus it is equidistant from Ginnie,LR,and Peacock.

I usually stay in one of Renakers trailers. Cheap (especially with 4-6 guys), full service, very close to many caves. But the real snicher is a full kitchen. Home cooking is sooooooo much cheaper than restaurant.

ginnie actually has a cottage, too. i've stayed there once & it's quite nice, 3 bedrooms 2 baths nice kitchen and a porch.

if you get the journals, there are places advertised close by. or you could stay with jeandiver! :D

karstdvr:
I quit the Cadillac/High Springs Country Inn thing years ago. Lake City ends up being a great location because it is centrally located,motels are cheaper,better restaurant selection,plus it is equidistant from Ginnie,LR,and Peacock.
We started staying in Lake City also for the very same reasons.

JimC:
I usually stay in one of Renakers trailers. Cheap (especially with 4-6 guys), full service,

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

You get full service from 4-6 guys? Sounds very kinky. If we dive as a buddy team, I'll make sure you're in front of me!

Just kidding...

How much are the trailers?

Cheers :D

Mike

$45-55 /night for 2, and a small surcharge after for each person. I think once I ended up paying $15/night.

The only thing its missing is internet. :/

I'd stay up the road in lake city off I-75. It's about 20-30 minutes down to high springs with a FAR nice selection of places to stay. I stayed in the HS country inn and it was ok, but nothing to write home about. And it was the best of the little hotels. Chateau H2O is another possibility.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom