Logging my dives - on a mac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-Phoenix-

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Heya all,

There are already quite a few posts and after googling I found quite a few programs capable of logging my dives.

(un)fortunately, I have a mac. Even though those are great pieces of hardware, not all programs run on it.

Hence my question, does anybody know a good divelogging program?

Any other mac users here that log their dives?

Yours,
Robert

My take is that most people discussing PC computer dive logging are doing that in the context of uploading dive data from a personal dive computer (PDC) and having a PC software package crunch the data (compute SAC, graph profiles, prepare log pages for printing, etc) and augment that with notes, photos, etc. I use a mac and a Suunto PDC and use DiveLog to connect the two. MacDive - Download is a different, newer package that's similar in purpose.

Divelog could be used completely manually, with no PDC. If that's what you're after, there may be easier-to-use options, and other responders may help there.

But compatibility with one's PDC is often a crucial issue in selection of logging software. So you may get more useful replies if you clarify what you want logging software to do, and whether and what type of PDC you have.

I've also been looking for a dive logging program to use with my Mac. I have the Oceanic Veo 100NX.

I'm just looking to log my dives with basic information. I don't need the graphs (Not sure what they do yet :lotsalove:)

At the moment I lack a PDC, so for now it would suffice to manually add dive information. I forsee in the future a moment where I will buy one, so if the program supports inporting data from a diving computer, that will be a huge bonus!

I will look into DiveLog and MacDive. Thanks!

EDIT: I think the graph shows the depth over time, so you can see how your dive went :wink:

MacDive is great I use it, however it only works on Intel Macs and Suunto dive computers so far. The developer frequents SB too. So you may be able to ask for support for Oceanic computers.
I don't know of any apps that support Oceanic computers on the Mac aside from those Windows apps running in Boot Camp or Parallels.

I love my mac but I haven't tried any of the dive related software out there-Haven't even thought about it. I'm also a software engineer. This might be a need worth looking into.

I log my dives online at www.diverecord.com.

I've found it to be very friendly on my mac and always available if I wanna day dream at work. It also allows you to download your logged data into an Excel spreadsheet for a local backup if you require.

A cheap alternative to a Mac downloadable device is the Sensus Ultra from Reefnet. This is on my list of devices I really want. Just there are a couple things still ahead of it.
ReefNet Inc. | Sensus Ultra

I love my mac but I haven't tried any of the dive related software out there-Haven't even thought about it. I'm also a software engineer. This might be a need worth looking into.

I'll help you out if you want to something. I'm good at Objective C and Cocoa...=)

I'll help you out if you want to something. I'm good at Objective C and Cocoa...=)
The guy working on the MacDive port is having issues with how to communicate over the IrDA port to talk to a Uwatec dive computer on a Mac. Note: the original library being worked on by another guy is working OK with IrDA under Windows, its not a "how to talk to an Aladin problem" its just a "how do talk over IRdA on a Mac" problem. Link.

Failing that, I've pretty much talked myself into a Sensus Ultra.

cool Raphyy. It's something to think about anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom