Long Bite Mouthpieces?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OCTAC

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Am looking for any and all recommendations for long bite mouthpieces. Want to get the pressure distributed all along my teeth and jaw to reduce mouth fatigue and I also have full mouth implants and don't want to keep putting pressure on the front teeth alone. What companies make them and comments. I've researched them on the internet but, of course, every manufacturer claims they make the best one. To anyone who replies, thanks for the info!! :D

My LDS actually talked my parents out of the longer mouth piece and instead installed a swivel on the second stage to take the hose pressure off. After a week diving in Bonaire, my parents were extremely impressed with how comfortable the regulator was. I am installing the SeaCure on my Legend as I don't need a swivel with the braided hose & on my SS1. You can custom mold it to your teeth just as you would a mouth guard by heating in hot water and biting down until it cools.

Go for the SeaCure. It is by far the best solution to jaw fatique and aching teeth from long dives. Just make sure to get the proper one for your particular regulator.

And don't bother if you are a gagger

I think it is easier to just train yourself to relax your mouth and jaw, which is easier to do wearing a necklace

assuming you have real teeth of course

1+ SeaCure but make sure you follow the directions carefully when molding and face in a mirror to check positioning. Also know that it might not fit dive buddy well if you have to donate primary for any reason.

Thanks for all the responses. The seacure looks like the one. And yes, they are like my real teeth. Don't move, don't come out, and will be there long after I'm gone!! LOL!

I'm just saying, you don't really know you will like it until you make it and then, some people don't tolerate them.
Gaggers, you know who you are.

I tried one recently but found it dug into my lower gum which after an hour of diving became a little painful. I tried remodelling it but same thing happened. Im wondering if its because I use a 44" primary with a 90 degree adaptor which may be causing the Seacure to sit on a slight angle. I took it off and bought a long bite from DGX which solved the problem as its much softer:

Regulator Mouthpieces - Dive Gear Express

I'm going to again try a 5ft primary so may re visit it.

I tried one recently but found it dug into my lower gum which after an hour of diving became a little painful. I tried remodelling it but same thing happened. Im wondering if its because I use a 44" primary with a 90 degree adaptor which may be causing the Seacure to sit on a slight angle. I took it off and bought a long bite from DGX which solved the problem as its much softer:

Regulator Mouthpieces - Dive Gear Express

I'm going to again try a 5ft primary so may re visit it.

Not trying to be a smart arse here, but most of the time when this complaint is raised, it was caused by forming the mouthpiece upside down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom