Long Caye at Glover's Atoll, Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll try to upload some LC pictures tonight or Saturday morning - doesn't look too difficult to do in the SB Photo Gallery. I signed up for PB, but will probably upload to SB first. I'll let you know when the pics are posted & where.

cool, I saw on the website they are "rustic" and there are NO hard shower/latrine facilities . . . kind of excites me . . . :rofl3:

I am very interested to see what it looks like, I have heard mixed reviews. . . maybe I will just say F-it and go :D

Or click the link to the Photogallery in the top just below the advertisment, as some folks can;t view PB from work - like me :depressed:

I posted a few topside pics to SB Photo Gallery ... aaah, want to go back. You should find the album under topside, landscape, by SM. I have a few more to post ... to follow later.

My fiance and I went to slickrock adventure island last year and LOVED it! We are heading back there next week for the full week adventure island. Belize Adventure Travel, Belize Vacations at a Private Island: Slickrock Adventures We HIGHLY recommend it. Everyone who works on the island is really helpful, knowledgeable, and nice (including the people back home in Moab who run the office). The food is great--all fresh and mostly really healthy. It is rustic--the cabanas are plywood on 2 x 4 at the edge of the water, windows are plywood sheets propped open with a stick, composting toilets are 50 yards from the shore so you have to walk on trails at night to get to them. The guides are very knowledgeable and they can teach you all the activities, including snorkeling, surf-kayaking, wind-surfing, advanced hammock surfing. There is a dive shop on the island with great divemasters. They will take you where you want to go any day. There are tons of dives that literally are a 5 minute boat ride from shore. The reef was amazing--huge and abundant coral, great colors, great visibility. The cost for dives was $199 for 6 dives last year--don't know if it went up at all.

The snorkeling from the island is also the best I've seen--coral comes up to the surface or 2 feet from it, so you can swim at the surface and be very close to the coral and fish.

It is not for everyone since the accommodations are pretty rustic (it's like ultra-luxury camping really), but if you're OK with that, you can hardly beat the location, atmosphere, and diving.

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom