Long hose/swivel for Atomic T3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jcwalsh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I searched lots of places but could not find anyone that had added a long hose to their Atomic T3. Atomic does not offer a long version of their regulator hose with the titanium swivel. Ended up buying the Omniswivel with their 84" rubber hose. Everything went together great and I can't wait to put it in the pool to test it out. Just with the tank/BC on my workbench the regulator seemed much more comfortable with the hose running behind my neck. The threads on the Atomic are longer than standard and I am waiting on the jam nut to finish.
Swivel.png

I searched lots of places but could not find anyone that had added a long hose to their Atomic T3. Atomic does not offer a long version of their regulator hose with the titanium swivel. Ended up buying the Omniswivel with their 84" rubber hose. Everything went together great and I can't wait to put it in the pool to test it out. Just with the tank/BC on my workbench the regulator seemed much more comfortable with the hose running behind my neck. The threads on the Atomic are longer than standard and I am waiting on the jam nut to finish.

Attachments

• IMG_0032.jpeg
    IMG_0032.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 84
I guess I'm missing something. Why not just put a standard long hose on the regulator and forget about the swivel?

Supposedly you can get any length hose with either material swivel from Atomic. It's a custom order deal so you'd have to find a shop to order thru.
My Atomic dealer called them and was told they are no longer doing custom size hoses.

My Atomic dealer called them and was told they are no longer doing custom size hoses.
Huh, I think it's still in their catalog...

How long ago did they ask? Maybe they stopped doing it when the supply chain issues were at their worst and they took it up again now that it's stabilized.

This is correct. I used to work for Atomic and making hoses was my first job duty there. Custom hoses are no longer made. Now, this may change in the future but it is not something Atomic does anymore.

I asked about this because I have an Atomic first and second stage (ST1) and was curious about the longhose with a swivel. I was told I could make myself one but that they stopped doing custom orders. No reason was given to me but I know the supply chain was not an issue with the hoses. It was an issue with second stage parts but they had a crapload of hose and the fittings are all made in San Diego.

. Ended up buying the Omniswivel with their 84" rubber hose. Everything went together great and I can't wait to put it in the pool to test it out. Just with the tank/BC on my workbench the regulator seemed much more comfortable with the hose running behind my neck. The threads on the Atomic are longer than standard and I am waiting on the jam nut to finish.
Info - WARNING: LP leak with Omni-Swivel on Atomic M1!

The jam nut dimensions are critical...

Also...
Thread For Sale - 7 ft Atomic Aquatic Swivel Hose

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom