Longdong Bay & NE Coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

currier

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I realize that many divers have contributed opinions about Dragon Cave elsewhere, but I would like to ask seasoned NE divers their opinions about the area.

My buddy and I intend to dive Longdongwan frequently on the weekends this season, and any suggestions / recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

What are your favorite sites? Which shops do you prefer? Have you found anything of particular interest in and around the bay? Any good stories / words of advice?

I'm also interested to learn about other NE sites that may be "off the map" - surely there must be some spots that have remained hidden?

Thanks for your responses, and hopefully we'll get to hit the water together soon.

Currier,

I've checked the webcam link I sent you via PM that I use, and it's working - right now it is raining and grey in Longdong, but small waves !

政府入口網-台灣看透透-龍洞南口

When fist using the link, you'll have to download an 'add on' but no problem, camera 9 and 10 are Longdong, situated to the left of the dive shops there, and you can flick through other cameras on the coast to get an idea of conditions before leaving Taipei !

Hoping to see some feedback from other divers familiar with the N/E coast, Longdong and elsewhere !

Cheers

Thanks Wantonmien,

I installed the necessities, and yeah! The cam looks impressive - I'll definitely be making use of this before heading out of town.

So I was over at Longdongwan on Sunday, and I was talking to Ken at Pioneer, as well as Mike at Northeast. Both seemed like good shop operators - but to be honest, I didn't make it much further down the road (was with gf, and we had taken the bus from Keelung - no bike, and we has no intention of turning our afternoon walk into a marathon).

How have your experiences been with shops in the area?

Can anyone else out there comment on Dragon's Cave? We're looking to explore around all of the sites this season - is there anything as deep as 25m - 30m range?

:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

An overwhelming response huh . !!!

Hmmm, you would think that someone would have something to contribute?!? Well, Wantonmien - it would appear as though you are the leading expert in the field ... congrats, mate! :luxhello:

Thanks again for your input!

So have you been able to get out much within the last few weeks? We attempted to go over near Aodi (sp?) three weeks ago, but the conditions weren't so good ... so we returned to Bitou. We were also out again last weekend - perfect dives! :crafty:

:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

So have you been able to get out much within the last few weeks? We attempted to go over near Aodi (sp?) three weeks ago, but the conditions weren't so good ... so we returned to Bitou. We were also out again last weekend - perfect dives! :crafty:

Hi Currier,

Weekend just been - nah - heard so much about the typhoon coming I didn't consider diving Sunday, though having been up near Keelung coast late afternoon I was kicking myself as it didn't look too bad.

Weekend before (21/22) Yep - with a group on boat out to 7 stars, and diving in Kenting bay, perfect - keep thinking of putting a quick report and pics up, but as normal hoping one of the others on the trip do !

Weekend coming - Will be in the Philippines :D

PS: I've never dived further round than Longdong, so maybe in June you can show us the Aodi locations - will pm you when back from Philippines

Cheers

Weekend just been - nah - heard so much about the typhoon coming I didn't consider diving Sunday, though having been up near Keelung coast late afternoon I was kicking myself as it didn't look too bad.
Oh, no - I wasn't out this past weekend, but actually the one before ... you're right, though! Sunday was wonderful, and I regret not making a journey out to the coast :fishslap:

Weekend before (21/22) Yep - with a group on boat out to 7 stars, and diving in Kenting bay, perfect
I don't know '7 stars' ... this is a site not far from Kenting? I've only been down to Kenting once, and we mostly did the bay ... next time I get out there, I want to see some more stuff ie. that little fishing boat wreck ...

OK, we'll hook up in June, then ... enjoy PI!

Back
Top Bottom