lookig for cabo dive operator recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your right about the DM really making the difference between shops. Gary was our DM at Blue Adventures and he was "The Man". He way beyond the normal to make sure our trips were special.

Amigos del Mar has been diving the area since 1984, so they're the most experienced. I heard they just got a new local boat, very nice. June is not great diving in the lower Sea of Cortez. I always dive with Amigos del Mar.

I also dove with Gary at Underwater Diversions. He was a great guy, even let me stay down until i burned down my tank while the heavy breathers were sent up the anchorline. I also dove with another guy there, believe his name was salvador. He is an instructor/photographer local guy that just dives off the boat a lot for fun solo, I tagged along with him one day for some awesome diving not done by most people. Just another perk of Underwater Diversions, and Dustin (manager) is great too.

Amigos del Mar has been in operation since 1983, they have a new boat for local dives (so they now have 3 day boats) as well as their involvement in the Solmar V,their experience makes a difference and their prices are fair. They are the most experienced dive operator in the Los Cabos area.

I have used Cabo Aquadeportes and they were friendly and fun!! Plus they stored my gear in a safe area so I didn't have to haul it back all the time and picked us up in their water taxi...

just got back from Cabo, Gary was with Cabo Aquadeportes but the shop closed in Nov 2005, he is now with Underwater Diversions, the best shop in Cabo in my book...
in Cabo Pulmo, new managers (since Nov), Carmel & Pablo (originally from Argentina), at Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort. They are a big improvement on what was already a good shop, we dove with Pablo and had great dives. Couldn't find anyone to talk to at Pepe's...

I have dove with baja dive two times and was very happy with the service. They take small groups 4 to 6 Divers. we did some deep dives at locations the outher dive shops had never heard of. Our Divemaster Memo has been there Diving for 15 years.Gear was new and air is good.i dove with amigos and was not impressed Cattle boat Diving and staff not attentive.

Baja:
I have dove with baja dive two times and was very happy with the service. They take small groups 4 to 6 Divers. we did some deep dives at locations the outher dive shops had never heard of. Our Divemaster Memo has been there Diving for 15 years.Gear was new and air is good.i dove with amigos and was not impressed Cattle boat Diving and staff not attentive.

See post #16 on http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=1772894&posted=1#post1772894 (unless I've screwed up the link...)

WaterWayne:
Thanks for the update, GL. Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort -- is that the two-story building? Did you actually lodge there, and if so, how was it? What was the cost? I've stayed at Nancy's, and commuted from CSL.
yes , the two story building,
no
we stay at my time share at Hacienda De Mar and drive to Cabo Pulmo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom