Lookin for some info..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gcannon_511

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I was thinkin about drivin over again this wensday.:auto: I came over a few weeks back and had a great day beach divin,:scubadive: got lots of teeth. my question is I've dove service club and alhambra. Are there any other good spots?? Also how can I locate the "blocks" off alhambra again??? I stumbled onto them once and when I tried to find them again I could'nt..:confused: Any help would be appreicated

I'm experimenting with attaching a GPS to my dive flag. It's working great. I haven't stumbled on the blocks while I had it with me but if I do I'll post the cords, distance, and bearing from the pipes. I think it's a little less than 270 deg from the pipes.

Nothings worse than hearing someone drove all day then didn't find any teeth.

We've had good luck heading south west from the pipes.

We found a nice spot last weekend. Not tons of teeth but the ones we found were clean and mostly intact. I also found a 2 1/2 inch meg in pretty good shape.

From the pipes swim .233 miles or about 400 yards on magnetic bearing 231 deg.
Thats about 350 yards from shore just south of the southern tall condo.

27 05.591
-82 27.723

That will put you right on top of it. Then head south.

I can't guarantee you'll find anything there, but I guess it's better than a shot in the dark. :wink:

Let me know if you find anything good. :D

Just don't tell my wife I'm giving away her honey holes. :no:

I was thinkin about drivin over again this wensday.:auto: I came over a few weeks back and had a great day beach divin,:scubadive: got lots of teeth. my question is I've dove service club and alhambra. Are there any other good spots?? Also how can I locate the "blocks" off alhambra again??? I stumbled onto them once and when I tried to find them again I could'nt..:confused: Any help would be appreicated

If you go directly out from the 3 tall trees just north of the condo's you will find the blocks starting inn about 15' of water....

You can also contact Capt Jamie he does charters and will put you right on top of the teeth. One of the best charters out there.

Thank you to everbody for their input. :D I have had good luck @ alhambra so thats where I'm going. As for the charter right now I'm part of the 10% who has been laid off. But lunch,fuel and air I can do.. A couple weeks ago I came over and got some good finds (pics in post your pics) and I took them to a local fossil shop here and the owner bought them from me.. so I made a few bucks doing something I love. Anyways I should be there around 9 am ish tomorrow if anyone would like to join me

My Florida West Charter was canceled for tomorrow so I'll be there too.

Not sure what time though.

If the viz is good maybe I'll try to find the blocks and mark the coordinates so people can plug them in to google earth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom