Lookin for some info..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With the thunder storms over here on the east coast.... 12' in 3 days in NSB so I decided not to drive over today... and now I look at the radar and I just should have come over.

Just got back from Alhambra. Swam out about 400 yards. Near zero viz.:depressed:

Swam back and got in the pool.:D

I'm experimenting with attaching a GPS to my dive flag. It's working great. I haven't stumbled on the blocks while I had it with me but if I do I'll post the cords, distance, and bearing from the pipes. I think it's a little less than 270 deg from the pipes.

Nothings worse than hearing someone drove all day then didn't find any teeth.

We've had good luck heading south west from the pipes.

We found a nice spot last weekend. Not tons of teeth but the ones we found were clean and mostly intact. I also found a 2 1/2 inch meg in pretty good shape.

From the pipes swim .233 miles or about 400 yards on magnetic bearing 231 deg.
Thats about 350 yards from shore just south of the southern tall condo.

27 05.591
-82 27.723

That will put you right on top of it. Then head south.

I can't guarantee you'll find anything there, but I guess it's better than a shot in the dark. :wink:

Let me know if you find anything good. :D

Just don't tell my wife I'm giving away her honey holes. :no:
If you are talking about the artificial reef at Alhambra, just head north of the drainage pipes until you are between the two very tall pine trees and head due west. You'll run right into them

where are these spots???have been diving off venice beach at the first picnic area before the main beach
There's your problem... There are few teeth to be found diving off Venice Beach proper. You have to move to other beaches :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom