Looking at a light for SM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

my light doesnt have a sidemount length cord. i butt mount it and i wish the cord was just a few inches longer.

I have a single canister with a 15Ah Li-ion battery. Then 2 different 18 and 21W HID heads with E/O cords. One with a slightly longer pigtail, that's my buttmount SM head. And the shorter pigtailed head for putting on my waist for backmount diving. I have to switch the reflector/goodman between HID slugs. And change the attachments on the canister to go from SM to backmount mounting. Works fine for me and is quite versatile.

Rob, will the Tilly-tec light heads work with Greenforce batteries?

It looks like it might. The main thing I would be concerned about is the battery voltage/size with the Tilly Tec head. If you send me specs on the battery I can let you know if they are compatible. The other issue would be the actual attachment but it looks like it might be the same. We can always put my light head on your battery canister as long as they're compatible and see if it fits.

Thanks everyone, sounds like the 12W with SM lid / cord is the way to go. :)

It looks like it might. The main thing I would be concerned about is the battery voltage/size with the Tilly Tec head. If you send me specs on the battery I can let you know if they are compatible. The other issue would be the actual attachment but it looks like it might be the same. We can always put my light head on your battery canister as long as they're compatible and see if it fits.

cool. I need to get out that way some day and give it a try.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom