Looking for 6.9inch Tank Bands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Savethecube

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am working on getting all the pieces together for a set of LP72 doubles, and am having trouble finding the 6.9" tank bands I need. I am looking to buy a set that someone doesn't need anymore!

Newly manufactured ones are available at Vintage Double Hose....

Thank you!

---------- Post added September 24th, 2015 at 07:19 AM ----------

rhwestfall would you be so kind as to link me to the page they sell those on? I can't find it

My bad, the maker posted there (very active in the vintage forums), here is the discussion:

Vintage Double Hose

Here is the link to the seller's store. He is a stand-up guy.

A&D Adventures

---------- Post added September 24th, 2015 at 07:29 AM ----------

are you doing modern or vintage? If modern, verify the range of your center-to-center on your manifold's spacing.

I am doing modern. I believe my manifold spacing is the standard 7.5". My dive buddy has a pair of lp72s doubled, so that's where I'm getting the 6.9" measurement for the bands from

Thank you for your help!

Dive gear express, in stock.

from: https://www.divegearexpress.com/dgx-premium-doubles-bands-set-w-bolts
The 7.25-inch bands and bolts also fit the 7.0-inch diameter LP85's and the 6.9-inch diameter AL72's, with the bolt height adjustment depending on the depth of the "V" in the backplate.
I read that before I doubled my LP72s. I didn't like the way the bands were compressed and the bolts ended up being very long and would have needed to be adjusted or changed. I was prepared for this and already had 2 inch wide lengths of hard rubber. The strips are 3/16" thick which makes up the difference to the 7 1/4 bands and they fit very snug plus the spacing between the tanks is correct. I will try to get a picture and can provide part number for the rubber strips if anyone is interested.

I was able to use 7.25 inch bands I got cheap.

My bad, the maker posted there (very active in the vintage forums), here is the discussion:

Vintage Double Hose

Here is the link to the seller's store. He is a stand-up guy.

A&D Adventures

---------- Post added September 24th, 2015 at 07:29 AM ----------

are you doing modern or vintage? If modern, verify the range of your center-to-center on your manifold's spacing.

Has anyone used these bands?

Claims about 8.25" spacing which should work with modern manifold, which is nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom