Looking for a buddy March 26-27?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Benutzer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'll be visiting NW Florida next week mostly for some kayaking and snorkeling, but would also like to get in some time near Venice Beach. Would anyone be interested in getting wet either on Friday 26th or Saturday 27th?

Hello fellow Buckeye.:D I moved down here from Youngstown about 17 yrs ago. Normally I would jump on an opportunity to dive but, alas, I've got a home improvement project going on that weekend. Sorry:shakehead: The reason you probably haven't gotten any replies yet is because we have had a pretty lousey winter. One front after another has pretty much destroyed the vis & the water is still pretty cold. (at least by our standards) Keep your hopes up though. It's still a week away & perhaps things will improve. If conditions do improve, I'm sure someone will be up for a dive. I hope you enjoy your stay.:D

That's too bad. So... when the vis is destroyed, what is it? I'm used to the 40 degree water and 5 ft or less of vis in some of the quarries around here, so I'm thinking for me it'll be like paradise. Though I actually did have 30' of vis and water in the 50's once. :wink:

I'm doing Ginnie on Sunday on the way down, and will be at Crystal, Rainbow & Weeki Wachee during the week so I'll be getting wet anyway, but would like to do some additional diving. From what I've seen Venice seems to be the best dive that's reasonably close so I'm really hoping to check it out.

That's too bad. So... when the vis is destroyed, what is it? I'm used to the 40 degree water and 5 ft or less of vis in some of the quarries around here, so I'm thinking for me it'll be like paradise. Though I actually did have 30' of vis and water in the 50's once. :wink:QUOTE]

Well, that should put you right at home in Venice.:D Unfortunately when the vis is messed up, it means inches to 0. Hopefully it will clear up soon. Good Luck!:)

Ugh, I've been in close to 0 vis conditions before. Sounds like not real good for fossil hunting or sightseeing. Here's hoping it clears up over the next week, though long range forecast looks like a good chance of rain Monday & Friday :( Guess I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Any word on the vis? I don't want to make the trip down if it isn't going to be worth diving. Have had very spotty access to internet so it's been hard to keep an eye on whether anyone's been posting about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom