Looking for a buddy this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tsmtrey

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm looking to dive this weekend(3/24 or 3/25) at Fort Pickens. I've never dove this site and I don't feel experienced enough quite yet to drop the buddy system. I would prefer to hit the water on Saturday, but if the storms are too bad(40% chance of rain and storms) could wait until Sunday. High tide is around 11am. If anyone is interested post here, pm me, or email me at tsmtrey@live.com

I'm not partial either way, water is water. What time are you looking at being at Morrisons Saturday Morning?

We might do Pickens this weekend, Sunday or Monday. I'll definitely let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saltwater? Ewwwwwwwww!

:D

Hey tess, just send me a pm sometime today if you decide to do it Sunday. I have classes Monday so that's a definite no go.

Chocktawhatchee River at Caryville River levels were at 4ft, dropped to 3.7, rose to 4ft overnight, and predicted to crest at 5.8ft (call it 6ft) today. If not already blown, its probably fine. (Wasn't blown last weekend so probably great today). TnG has a cough so we're gonna thumb the dive. Texting Trey now to thumb the dive, but I may still be headed east later today to hit Jug Hole on Itchetucknee Springs/River on Sunday.

You must be at least Cavern Cert to sign in to dive Jug Hole, but if you are, you must hit it before next weekend. It closes to divers March 31 and opens to swimmers.

Thrills and I just came off a 2700 mile trip, Key Largo, Key West, and Cave Country. The Keys were blown out (20kts wind and 4-6ft seas) so we only managed one dive and headed to Cave Country instead. Camping at Devils' Den (only $8 per person, per night, and totally empty weekdays), we dove Devil's Den, Blue Grotto, All of Ginnie Springs (Little Devil, Devil's Eye, Devil's Ear, Santa Fe River drift dive to the Ginnie Run, and then Ginnie Springs Ballroom X2). Also hit Orange Grove in Open Water Saturday, then "Lower Lower" Orange Grove Sunday past the Corckscrew Restriction in the cave to 155ft to finish Advanced Recreational Trimix/Deco Procedures class (Thrills sat out). We're each a little beat this week, needing a rest, and she has a cough from sinus issues, so unfortunately we're calling the dive. :(

Look for us to be all over the springs soon, others welcome, and gulf/beaches (Saltwater, Ick!) when it warms up. We're looking to be good boat buddies in the gulf, have tons of gear and chip in to fuel and washdown your boat, or get in on charters.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

Eastbound and Down.... Loaded up for Diving.....

Headed to Jug for Sunday!

Last edited:
I'll be heading for Vortex in the AM! Just look for the silver Ford F-150 with the LSU chairs!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom