Looking for a buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sprange

Reaction score
I've just learned that I'll be interviewing at UBC on November 28th for a hospital residency program (oral pathology/oral medicine) so I'm pumped at the prospect of diving off the west coast. My wife doesn't have a drysuit, and solo diving doesn't interest me. If anyone is available Sunday (27th) for perhaps some shore diving they may qualify for free dental care/biopsies for life! We'll be renting a vehicle so we're good to go almost anywhere.

Sean

ChillyWaters:
Who needs a drysuit??? The water isn't THAT cold.

- ChillyWaters

It'd be great if my wife could tag along in her 7mm...what kind of temperatures can we expect? I can remember her almost dying in 48F water for what it's worth.

Sean

ChillyWaters:
Who needs a drysuit??? The water isn't THAT cold.

- ChillyWaters

Have you tried sitting on an open boat between dives during the winter? Me neither!

I'll break down and buy one eventually...

sprange:
It'd be great if my wife could tag along in her 7mm...what kind of temperatures can we expect? I can remember her almost dying in 48F water for what it's worth.

Sean

Sean: My last dive at Porteau Cove registered 49 degrees. FYI

Bjorn

Sean...the last I heard, the water was about 10 degrees (celcius)....not sure what that is in Fahrenheight though.

Sounds like my wife has been relegated to support staff...thanks for preventing me from having to lug around two sets of gear! Now if I could only find some steel tanks to rent...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom