looking for a cold water reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i also have a coldwater ready mares abyss titanium with poseidon octo and a fullface scubapro rig

i have a total of four odin jetstreams for sale at 400 for the lot and il throw in a first stage (in process of being rebuilt with the kit)

i have 5 apeks 1st stages and 6 seconds for sale all assembled with guages and all lengths of hoses, check out the other poasts i got more info there but im only asking 1200 for the whole lot of apeks

I have a Mares Abyss MR22. I like mine a lot. Although if you do buy one, you'll probably want to switch to a Miflex hose. The one that comes with it is notoriously stiff. And I found the hard way that when you're in water cold enough to numb your lips, you can't feel the thing in your mouth, and the hose is stiff enough to push it out of your mouth when you try to turn your head to the right. See: http://www.undercurrent.org/UCnow/issues/y1996/ID0296/MaresMR22Reg0296i.pdf
Other than that minor detail, it breathes great in any and all positions, even upside down.

i have a mr22 with abyss titanium for sale too with a scubapro fullface rig, just for anybody on the coldwater reg topic, though with the full face obviously not a great first reg haha

I use Apex DS4 and ATX40 with pressure 8BAR (166PSI) in first stage
at ice dives. Great performance and good price on it. I know a lot of
divers who use same regulators and they are very happy.
Also you can find spare almost everywhere 'cause
DCBC:
Apeks use to produce regulators for Zeagle, but things changed when Apeks was purchased by Aqualung. So parts are readily available worldwide.

I use Apeks XTX 200s on my twins in cold water and touch wood I have never had a problem.

Yes, Apeks

A group from our shop went ice diving a few years ago and the Apeks regs were the only one not to have some freeflow problems.

I haven't done any ice diving, but in 40F water at 130ft in Toby diving the Forest City my Mares Abyss Mk22 was a pleasure - no freeflows and it breathes like a charm.

Aqualung Legend Supreme and Dive Rite RG3000 with ICE kit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom