Looking for a console setup with compass, pressure and computer, recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nevek

Registered
Reaction score
I've done the research and this is what I want. I am looking to spend $200-$250 for a used console and so far the only one I really like is the Mares Mission 3 puck (linked below). I think I could find that in the price I am looking for but I am wondering if there are other consoles that are similar that I should also be looking for. I really don't need anything that fancy as I dive in shallow water (usually 40-75') and it usually only 1 tank dives anyway.

Amazon.com: Mares Mission Puck 3 Dive Computer-AS-ONE: Sports & Outdoors

Last edited:
should be a lot about second-hand.

they usually get ditched in favour of a single spg and everything else on the wrists.

should be a lot about second-hand.

they usually get ditched in favour of a single spg and everything else on the wrists.

+1

I have a Sherwood Wisdom 2 AI computer with a compass in the console. It is very handy and functional. On my first several dives it seemed perfect. Later, I noticed that the hose was a bit too short when I used the console as a compass (you want to hold the compass at arms length to get a better bearing) but the hose was a bit too long when used as a computer/pressure gauge in that I didn't need the hose to be THAT long and the length of hose formed a bit of an entanglement hazard (plus it just didn't look nice). I now dive a wrist mounted computer, brass and glass SPG (in a shorter hose), and a wrist mounted computer. The Sherwood Wisdom 2 AI computer with a compass in the console wasn't bad, but I like the current setup better.

You might want to decide how 'fussy' you want to be with the flavor of your dive computer's algorithms first, before deciding on just what console (or other) packaging considerations.

For example, if you like Suunto, then you're probably looking at a console such as this one for the Vyper.

Of course, if you're looking for low cost used gear, then you're pretty much limited to what others have bought in the past, although there should be a decent selection of different manufacturers around. Your best bet here probably isn't looking for divers who have upgraded, but rather divers who have given up diving and are selling off all of their stuff.

-hh

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom