Looking for a dive boat between Key Largo and Islamorada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jfoster33702

Contributor
Reaction score
There will be at least 4 of us - maybe 5. 3 of us are new, so we are looking for the typical shallow water keys dive between 20 and 45 feet. June 24th (afternoon) and June 25th (morning). Might consider doing one boat Saturday and another one on Sunday - unless the outfit will just go to different spots on Sunday.

Thanks!
Jeff

jfoster33702:
There will be at least 4 of us - maybe 5. 3 of us are new, so we are looking for the typical shallow water keys dive between 20 and 45 feet. June 24th (afternoon) and June 25th (morning). Might consider doing one boat Saturday and another one on Sunday - unless the outfit will just go to different spots on Sunday.

Thanks!
Jeff
Conch Republic Divers in Tavernier.

http://www.conchrepublicdivers.com

I'd 2nd Conch Republic Divers. We dove with them during our recent keys trip ... excellent operation. If you mention that you're an SB member you'll get a discount.

It won't be hard to find one, there must be 100 in that area, I dove with silent world and crystal clear carters, they're both great. We dove different spots each day with both outfits (they were 2 diff trips so we dove for days each time with each boat).
We are going back the 16, 17 & 18 with the LDS and I'm sure we will dive with another boat, if we were going on our own I would do CCC again nice BIG boats.

End May, we went with Divers City USA (www.diverscityusa.com) in Tavernier. My husband and I are new (this was our first trip since we were certified), and were looking for easy, relatively shallow reef dives. We got exactly what we asked for. I think the policy is if you book first, you can specify the type of dive.

As navigation was one of my worries, it also took some of the pressure off to know that if we got truly lost and had to surface away from the boat, Divers City would come and pick us up, saving us the surface swim. I'm pleased to say that we made it back to the boat every time except once, but it was a nice security blanket.

Not at all a cattle boat situation either, which was also nice for the newbies.

Anyway, Bob and Barb were very patient with our newbie fumbling around, and althought we shared the boat with folks far more experienced than us, everyone was very nice to us and tried to help us get over being totally intimidated.

So, in sum - a plug for Divers City.

MsParamedic:
Silent World is MM 103.2 and our boats take out at Garden Cove Marina (MM 106). We have a max of 14 divers per boat! Hope to see you soon!!! :)

Did I get to dive with you and not even know it was you :D
If the gallery ever opens upagain there is a nice pic of the back of the boat with my wife ready to hit the water and the captain helping her off the boat. :wink:
It was a great time, thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom