Looking for a dive buddy in asia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nosham

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi there , im currently located in Guangzhou , China for leisure/work , and I would like to find a dive buddy somewhere in asia who has accommodation to offer as i am a backpacker and traveling on a low budget.
Im planning to buy my own equipment soon and Im recently Rescue-Diver certified.
Im ready to move out of China if there are some dive adventures you would like to share with me.
Thanks to everyone and post down a reply if interested.

Hi NOSHAM,

I don't mean to bother you but just want to let you know, mainland China is not a right place for a diver to stay down coz there's no place for diving, HongKong also isn't a good idea for a backpacker coz accommodation is terribly high, but the price of dive equipment is reasonable so that it's worth to visit for a day or two in your case.

yea i know but as i said in the post , im NOT only looking for buddies in China , but i said wherever place in all ASIA , could be thailand, vietnam , indonesia , philippines wherever i dont mind , im ready to move in case someone has a cool diving adventure proposal

Well, I am in CA now but will try to dive at Hainan later. Did you ever dove there? Maybe it will be fun.

A of mine here in china with open water license told me that she dove once in Hainan and visibility was very poor. Well the island is quite big , so I bet there are many un-official and much more clean dive spots somewhere in the south east of the island...
When are you coming over?

Hi there, im from malaysia ... why dun u try to come over malaysia for dive , here hv few place is very nice for diving ...

Yea why not , i already been to KL , Bentong and Genting Highlands , what's your name ? do you have any spare room to offer ? , contact me in private.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom