Looking for a dive buddy in Kauai 3/6 - 3/17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

armyturtle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
We arrive 3/5 and are staying through 3/18. Looking for someone to shore dive (or boat dive) with. Staying in Princeville - please PM or email me at armyturtle AT GMAIL.com if you'd like to meet up and dive a few times.

Thanks!

I might be interested. Arriving 3/11, but wife doesn't dive so my dive opportunity will be a beach dive while she enjoys the sun/beach.

How are the swells, I see there's an advisory out through Wednesday?
Which side will have better diving, maybe a day or two after Wednesday - north (Ke'e? Tunnels?) or south (Nuk? Landing? PK's?)?

Going on a boat dive today - but definitely looking to do more diving after. It's expensive to do diving with a shop! Much better to go with a buddy. For gear don't forget: Gloves, hood, 3mm wetsuit if you have it (thermalcline it can get cold I'm told), your own mask, fins, BC, computer, compass, booties, etc. The only thing I didn't bring is tank & weights which is what most places you pay to take you out include. You can rent a wetsuit for $8 a day if needed.

It has been windy here, but there are beaches where it's still VERY calm and are diveable. I'd be glad to dive with you when you arrive. We'd have to start as soon as you get here - I'm only on Kauai till 3/18. My number is 650-887-4699 (Rick). I'm staying in Princeville (northshore) but it only takes about an hour to get ANYWHERE on the island of Kauai.

Hope to hear from you soon! Now I better get moving - I have to leave in 5 minutes for my boat dive! (It's 5:15am here!)

I bring all my own gear, now worries.
And yes, I'm looking to do shore diving, not a shop dive.

But, I'll suspect with the swells that the more interesting diving (skipping the tourist stuff) will need a couple of days to recover and get the sand and air out of the water. Thus, maybe 14th or 15th?

I'm staying in Poipu, but will be all over the island, so north or south, we'll let the conditions dictate.

I can give you a call. Also, you can email me directly at sobeleo@yahoo.com.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom