Looking for a dive buddy in Thailand (I’ll be there from Apr 19 to May 3)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ppatrick

Reaction score
Hello,

I’ll be in Thailand from Apr19 to May3. I have a number of friends in Thailand but none of them dive. :-( I would like to do some diving while being there (already my gears ^_^). If you’re there (or going to be there) during that time, please PM me. Maybe we can hook up.

Here’s a brief info about me. I was born in Thailand and spent my first 20 years there. Then I came to the US to study and work. Ten years later I’m still here. ^_^ I just got certified last year and dove in Illinois and Key Largo. I never dove in Thailand but I knew how beautiful the reef was because I used to snorkel around Koa Chang.

Let me know if you think we buddy up. Any suggestion about where to dive is appreciated! :)

Thank you,
Patrick

ppatrick,

Standard routine will be that almost all dive operators in Thailand will hook you up with one of the other divers in your group as your buddy.
In the case that you'd be the only diver during your booked dive, the DM will be your buddy.
Can't speak for all but this is the most likely scenario. From that point of view, you don't really need a 'steday' buddy, but just go whereever you please and would like to dive and double check with the dive operator and enjoy your dives.

Anywhere specific you're planning on diving? There's plenty of Thai owned dive operators in BKK if that's what you're looking for.

Back
Top Bottom