Looking for a dive company and hotel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gkornfeld

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm looking for a dive company for me and my 15 year old son. We have 40 dives under our belt; but ideally I want an outfit that caters to small groups and young divers. Also - looking for a moderately priced accomodation. I will be there first week of April.

I recommend Bananarama. Bananarama Dive Resort My wife and I spent a week with them last year. I dive, she doesn't. We both thoroughly enjoyed it. Highly recommended. We'll be back there in ten days ... woo hoo!!! West Bay is superior, in my opinion, to West End. Bananarama definitely would be a good atmosphere for a 15 yr old, too. And the snorkeling is fantastic just off the beach for those down times.

We've stayed at Foster's many times - Foster's West Bay Resort - Beachfront Cabana Rentals - Bay Islands Roatan. Great beach, small palapa restaurant, not real fancy but great people. Papa Foster is always there, raking the beach, talking with guests. Be sure and get a room on the beach not in the back. The rooms are more or less duplexes of varying sizes. The dive shop there is Anemona Divers Welcome to Anemona Divers - Scuba Diving on Roatan, Honduras. One of my buddies did his referral checkout there. Great people, the owner & dive instructor is a sweet Italian young lady. My buddy is still in love! Small groups, small boat. Restaraunts up and down the beach. One of the best is Bite On The Beach, right next door to Fosters. Bite on the Beach, West Bay - Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor. Las Rocas seems to be a nice, somewhat small dive shop & rooms. Las Rocas Resort & Dive Center - Our Resort. Never did any diving with them though.

You're talking Roatan right?

Look for something in the West End. For diving maybe Native Sons or Reef Gliders.

Accommodations in all price ranges in that area are listed here:
Accommodation on Roatan

If my daughter were 15 again & traveling with us, I wouldn't stay in West End. Fine during the day but at night it's the bar scene, ganja merchants selling their wares. West Bay is much safer for kids.

I'm looking for a dive company for me and my 15 year old son. We have 40 dives under our belt; but ideally I want an outfit that caters to small groups and young divers. Also - looking for a moderately priced accomodation. I will be there first week of April.

Check out West End Divers (www.westenddivers.info). They dive in small groups (no more than 6 divers I belive), cater to families and have a couple of different 'stay and dive' pacakges. We contacted them via email originally and they actually helped us arrange our accommodation! We have been diving with them this last week and are planning our next trip already!

On West End.......highly recommend www.roatansplashinn.com. They have everything you need on site. Good fast covered boats, clean rooms, restaurant, equipment and great owners and instructors. All very reasonably priced. We dove with two 15 year old grandsons about 5 months ago. Couldn't have been any better. Email Adriana (owner) and tell her what you would like. We are planning a trip there at this very moment!! Tell her Paul H from Houston mentioned her. Have a good trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom